Off-Topic Best Cuban Sandwich in Miami

Hi all, going fishing for tarpon in Islamorada on Wednesday and looking to get a Cuban sandwich when I fly into Miami, nothing too fancy. Any thoughts, or suggestions for free things to do/see for a couple hours in Miami?

Advertisement
Go to Sunrise Bakery in Tavernier if you don’t have time to stop in Miami. They also have the greatest pan con lechón you’ll ever have.

Advertisement
@SWFLHurricane

ay, b...answer this question or we gonna throw hands at a tailgate and I'll make you answer it, pal.

Sanguich is good, no idea if its the best...but its at least a triple. I've had some killer cubans, but idk, I think I got'em from random af gas stations, tbh.

...not a cuban sammich, but a pan con lechon...The Butcher Shop down in Palmetto Bay. So good. They throw that chicharrones in there and its magical.

Last edited:
I can tell you not to waste your time with Sanguich, nothing wrong with it but there are plenty of other places to go. They're just good at marketing themselves with social media.

Advertisement
@SWFLHurricane

ay, b...answer this question or we gonna throw hands at a tailgate and I'll make you answer it, pal.

Sanguich is good, no idea if its the best...but its at least a triple. I've had some killer cubans, but idk, I think I got'em from random af gas stations, tbh.

...not a cuban sammich, but a pan con lechon...The Butcher Shop down in Palmetto Bay. So good. They throw that chicharrones in there and its magical.
Maannnnnnnn...there's a place in Orlando called Cubans on the Go on Lee Rd that's Extraordinary.....Entire family is from Miami...and they all have UM plates...for the last 12yrs I was in Orlando, it was a must atleast once a week. They were also on Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives. @TheOriginalCane will attest to how good they are....Also in Tampa a must go is Brocato's on E. Columbus Dr that's also spectacular...

Point Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

Advertisement
Get off the Palmetto at 103 st.. Go east a bit and look for any Mom and Pop cafeteria.... Your Welcome... Or hit some back roads around there and really find some gems...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back