BC Game Two

Lance Roffers

Junior
Game time moved up due to impending weather. Leadoff hitter singles, then McKendry strikes out the next batter, Amditis has the runner hung up but he makes a poor throw to 2B. Escala fields it and hurries his throw to 1B, which gets away and allows the runner to score. It leads to a run for Boston College.

This team has made a lot of strides and is currently one of the hottest teams in the nation, but this is an area that has plagued them consistently all year. There is a golden opportunity to take massive strides forward next year with just decent consistency defensively with the easy plays. Miami has made some electric plays defensively this year but that consistency is the issue.

1-0 Boston College.

Advertisement
It's gotten worse at start of the second inning, as fielders can't even throw the ball back to the pitcher without bouncing it. Wicho making start time excuses - where's the leadership on this team to get them fired up then?

Easy ground ball to Romy, he throws it completely over the head of the 1B and allows him to get to 2B. The batter grounds out to 2B to advance the runner. Then Boston College drops down a suicide bunt, Miami tries to come home, he's safe, the runner is safe.

It's 2-0 Boston College and both runs absolutely should not have happened.

It's gotten worse at start of the second inning, as fielders can't even throw the ball back to the pitcher without bouncing it. Wicho making start time excuses - where's the leadership on this team to get them fired up then?

I don't know if I'd call it excuses. He said, "I hate to say it, but it seems like Miami is not in mentally to start the game."

That's a pretty big call-out to me.

I don't know if I'd call it excuses. He said, "I hate to say it, but it seems like Miami is not in mentally to start the game."

That's a pretty big call-out to me.

OK, I agree at least he stated what he was seeing, and he was 100% correct. Maybe Reyes HR will provide a spark.

Advertisement
It's pretty difficult to play a worse game defensively than Miami has played. Boston College truly shouldn't have a single run, yet they have three, and now have runners on 1b & 3B because of defensive ineptitude.

In the 8th inning, Hammond gets a weak groundball basically to the 2B, he kicks it, though they gave him a generous hit. Then Gil is holding the runner and is slow as molasses off the bag, so a ball goes right by him into RF. Should've been easy outs, but the box score looks like he was terrible.

Canes have to win tourney to get in. Stevie Wonder can see it by now. Winning a game or two in ACC tourney will not get it done.

It’s nice that we’re finding ways to win but that was an abysmal performance overall. If we play like that next week, we’re done.

McKendry did a good job of minimizing the damage from all those errors, but he has to stop committing them himself. That’s now 5 errors in his last four starts.

It was good to see Bartow complete the save. Hopefully that gives him confidence heading into next week.

Also, once the crowd filed in (many of us late due to the time change) there was a good buzz that has been missing from the ballpark the past couple years.

This chit show isn’t going anywhere. It’s been the same thing ever since 2008. Morris should have been fired years ago. He checked out a long time ago.

Advertisement
This chit show isn’t going anywhere. It’s been the same thing ever since 2008. Morris should have been fired years ago. He checked out a long time ago.

You realize this is his last year, right?

And I wanted him gone before this season too, but 2015 and 2016 were hardly **** shows. He should of retired after 2016 though, that seemed obvious even at the time

It’s nice that we’re finding ways to win but that was an abysmal performance overall. If we play like that next week, we’re done.

McKendry did a good job of minimizing the damage from all those errors, but he has to stop committing them himself. That’s now 5 errors in his last four starts.

It was good to see Bartow complete the save. Hopefully that gives him confidence heading into next week.

Also, once the crowd filed in (many of us late due to the time change) there was a good buzz that has been missing from the ballpark the past couple years.

Despite atrocious defense, they are finding ways to win. Bartow was dominant. Jenkins is starting to show signs of offensive potential and having a healthy Reyes has helped.

Need to take care of business today and then leave everything out there next week in NC. Five more wins boys.

As expected, the RPI has actually dropped after two wins over BC.

#66.....or possibly worse.....is going to leave us needing to win the whole ACC tournament.

Advertisement
Back