Bats from a shoe company

SevenNSeven

Junior
A number of years ago, if some of you might remember, it was a big deal that the program was contractually obligated to use Nike bats...which, along with a few other schools (I remember Alabama being one, because it was in the news up this way), showed clear outliers with suppressed offense. It was notable enough that there were articles written, and we eventually were able to start using numerous other brands, players choice of course.

Now, I see we are yet again under contract to use the bats of a shoe manufacturer, and, while I haven't heard anything overly negative about the Adidas Aero Burners like I did the Nike bats, it still strikes me as a bad decision to be contracted to one bat maker, especially one that mostly makes shoes and apparel. While the Adidas contract is a boon for the overall athletic department, and I'd argue with anyone that would say that our uniforms haven't gotten better across the board from the lazy Nike designs we often trotted out, I hate to think we're back in the same position as far as bats go. Of course, sense we don't have that many players that seem to be able to actually swing a bat, perhaps it's not that much of an issue.

Advertisement
Did Zack Collins have to use an Adidas bat last year?

Pretty sure he did have to switch with the rest of the team as well. And yes, his overall numbers his junior year didn't slack off a bit.

Again, I heard complaints about the Nike bats in baseball circles, generally the Adidas bats are pretty well received overall, just wish they'd let the players pick, like some schools.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back