Basically

kperez4446

Sophomore
We are in play for
Dexter
Callaway
Scott
Redwine

And that's about it maybe Julius. Think we sign Redwine and maybe 1 other and that's a wrap.

Advertisement
Tim, were excited about those kids that want to be Miami Hurricanes. I think that's the salient point here. Everyone wants to talk about the kids we didn't get and no one wants to talk about this kid because he's been committed for awhile and hasn't played the drama game, but look at Mark Walton. He had 273 yards in the state title game. Look at Dexter Williams, that's an electric player, Reggie Bush type. That's what I'm focused on.

To be honest Susan this is more about creating culture than anything else. We want responsible classy, dependable kids hat want to be Miami Hurricanes. We've got an All American in Jaquan Johnson who enrolled early. He didn't play the hat game. He came in, got into the weight room and got to work. Same thing with Charles Perry. He's been here three weeksand he's already 210 from 202. Jamie Gordinier...235 pounds as a true freshman. It's about getting kids that are committed and are ready willing and able to get in here and start competing, start lifting, start getting bigger and stronger. They trusted the process at an early age and they are in there competing. You look at that kid on film, he's a thumper. This is big time college ball, you gotta get strong. Look at a kid like Michael Jackson. He was in SEC country. We planted our flag there and took that kid right from that prime real estate. So the power of the brand is just as strong as ever. He dominated the camp. Manny, it's about skills, not stars. That's what I tell our kids. And if you look at our history, that's how it plays out. Dan Morgan....two star FB. Ed Reed, 2 star from Louisiana. People don't get excited about the Hayden Mahoneys, but I can promise you, that kid will lean on you. For four quarters. He's a difference maker. He's got the arm violence in the trenches. So we are about skills not stars or ratings, here. You want to talk about big gets, look no further than Lawrence Cager. We took him from Alabama and Nick Saban. It's about hard work and convincing kids we can take care of them for their future. This kid was an All American. And he turned down Alabama for the University of Miami. It's about making the evaluations and putting in the work.

We put in the work and we get the results. Bar Milo....again, this is a kid that can play the way we want. Were developing a California pipeline, here. Our staff has really established a reputation there that we are quite frankly a power to be reckoned with. We had a couple kids that we really made SC sweat about in their backyard. We kind of pushed them to the limit there at Serra. I can bet you that staff isn't looking to tangle with us down there next year. Get your licks in now. So you can see the progress there. Were building a base, Tim. It's about establishing a foundation, if you will. Same thing with a kid like Scott Patchan. You guys aren't slobbering over him because he missed his senior year with an ACL, but I can tell you the Alabama's, thr Ohio States, the Florida States all wanted this kid. This is a family who sent their other son elsewhere but we were able to, quite frankly, get them back to the University of Miami. We got them to believe in the school and the football program again Tim and so we will have the pleasure of coaching their son up. Now you asked me the question and I'm telling you straight up, I'm happy with what we've done. Now has it been easy? Gosh darnit no. It hadn't been easy. It hasn't been peaches and cream, so ofcourse we aren't going to get every 5 star on the planet. My job changed on August 15th, 2011. We didn't ask for it, but we dealt with it and have moved past it. And we are moving past the negativity here. I gotta be honest with you guys. It's not easy recruiting with all the negativity and forums and banners and such. There's some kids we lost because they weren't happy with the negativity and so we've had to overcome some things in recruiting. We've had to overcome adversity in that sense. And we've got a lot of wonderful people here, wonderful fans that stuck with us through thick and thin. But, and I think this is a truism in life, you always have some stragglers, a shrill minority if you will that has a tendency to ruin things for the rest of the people. But like I said, I thought we fought admirably through that adversity and we did that pretty well. So I'm happy that we are building a strong base, not just now but for many years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Tim, were excited about those kids that want to be Miami Hurricanes. I think that's the salient point here. Everyone wants to talk about the kids we didn't get and no one wants to talk about this kid because he's been committed for awhile and hasn't played the drama game, but look at Mark Walton. He had 273 yards in the state title game. Look at Dexter Williams, that's an electric player, Reggie Bush type. That's what I'm focused on.

To be honest Susan this is more about creating culture than anything else. We want responsible classy, dependable kids hat want to be Miami Hurricanes. We've got an All American in Jaquan Johnson who enrolled early. He didn't play the hat game. He came in, got into the weight room and got to work. Same thing with Charles Perry. He's been here three weeksand he's already 210 from 202. Jamie Gordinier...235 pounds as a true freshman. It's about getting kids that are committed and are ready willing and able to get in here and start competing, start lifting, start getting bigger and stronger. This is big time college ball, you gotta get strong. Look at a kid like Michael Jackson. He was in SEC country. He dominated the camp. Manny, it's about skills, not stars. That's what I tell our kids. And if you look at our history, that's how it plays out. Dan Morgan....two star FB. Ed Reed, 2 star from Louisiana. People don't get excited about the Hayden Mahoneys, but I can promise you, that kid will lean on you. For four quarters. He's a difference maker. So we are about skills not stars or ratings, here. You want to talk about big gets, look no further than Lawrence Cager. We took him from Alabama and Nick Saban. It's about hard work and convincing kids we can take care of them for their future. This kid was an All American. And he turned down Alabama for the University of Miami. It's about making the evaluations and putting in the work.

We put in the work and we get the results. Bar Milo....again, this is a kid that can play the way we want. Were developing a California pipeline, here. Our staff has really established a reputation there that we are quite frankly a power to be reckoned with. We had a couple kids that we really made SC sweat about in their backyard. We kind of pushed them to the limit there. So you can see the progress there. Were building a base, Tim. It's about establishing a foundation, if you will. Same thing with a kid like Matt Patchan. You guys aren't slobbering over him because he missed his senior year with an ACL, but I can tell you the Alabama's, thr Ohio States, the Florida States all wanted this kid. This is a family who sent their other son elsewhere but we were able to, quite frankly, get them back to the University of Miami. We got them to believe in the school and the football program again Tim and so we will have the pleasure of coaching their son up. I'm happy with what we've done. Now has it been easy? Gosh darnit no. It hadn't been easy. It hasn't been peaches and cream, so ofcourse we aren't going to get every 5 star on the planet. My job changed on August 15th, 2011. We didn't ask for it, but we dealt with it and have moved past it. And we are moving past the negativity here. I gotta be honest with you guys. It's not easy recruiting with all the negativity and forums and banners and such. There's some kids we lost because they weren't happy with the negativity and so we've had to overcome some things in recruiting. We've had to overcome adversity in that sense. And I think we did that pretty well. So I'm happy that we are building a strong base, not just now but for many years.

LMFAO!!! That was legitimately so spot on that I heard Golden's voice in my head reading that! Thanks for that lol

To be honest Susan this is more about creating culture than anything else. We want responsible classy, dependable kids hat want to be Miami Hurricanes. We've got an All American in Jaquan Johnson who enrolled early. He didn't play the hat game. He came in, got into the weight room and got to work. Same thing with Charles Perry. He's been here three weeksand he's already 210 from 202. Jamie Gordinier...235 pounds as a true freshman. It's about getting kids that are committed and are ready willing and able to get in here and start competing, start lifting, start getting bigger and stronger. This is big time college ball, you gotta get strong. Look at a kid like Michael Jackson. He was in SEC country. He dominated the camp. Manny, it's about skills, not stars. That's what I tell our kids. And if you look at our history, that's how it plays out. Dan Morgan....two star FB. Ed Reed, 2 star from Louisiana. People don't get excited about the Hayden Mahoneys, but I can promise you, that kid will lean on you. For four quarters. He's a difference maker. So we are about skills not stars or ratings, here. You want to talk about big gets, look no further than Lawrence Cager. We took him from Alabama and Nick Saban. It's about hard work and convincing kids we can take care of them for their future. This kid was an All American. And he turned down Alabama for the University of Miami. It's about making the evaluations and putting in the work.

We put in the work and we get the results. Bar Milo....again, this is a kid that can play the way we want. Were developing a California pipeline, here. Our staff has really established a reputation there that we are quite frankly a power to be reckoned with. We had a couple kids that we really made SC sweat about in their backyard. We kind of pushed them to the limit there. So you can see the progress there. Were building a base, Tim. It's about establishing a foundation, if you will. Same thing with a kid like Matt Patchan. You guys aren't slobbering over him because he missed his senior year with an ACL, but I can tell you the Alabama's, thr Ohio States, the Florida States all wanted this kid. This is a family who sent their other son elsewhere but we were able to, quite frankly, get them back to the University of Miami. We got them to believe in the school and the football program again Tim and so we will have the pleasure of coaching their son up. I'm happy with what we've done. Now has it been easy? Gosh darnit no. It hadn't been easy. It hasn't been peaches and cream, so ofcourse we aren't going to get every 5 star on the planet. My job changed on August 15th, 2011. We didn't ask for it, but we dealt with it and have moved past it. And we are moving past the negativity here. I gotta be honest with you guys. It's not easy recruiting with all the negativity and forums and banners and such. There's some kids we lost because they weren't happy with the negativity and so we've had to overcome some things in recruiting. We've had to overcome adversity in that sense. And I think we did that pretty well. So I'm happy that we are building a strong base, not just now but for many years.

LMFAO!!! That was legitimately so spot on that I heard Golden's voice in my head reading that! Thanks for that lol
Lol wow he sure did. It sounded just like him. Golden is so predictable man..

That is the most spot on impersonation of Folden I could ever imagine. Sadly, that is how NSD will play out, probably almost to a tee of what you posted.

Lol wow he sure did. It sounded just like him. Golden is so predictable man..

I'm sorry but that is one of the best posts I've read on this board. Epic. So well done.

Advertisement

Early nomination for post of the year. Reading this actually made me hate Al more.

Didn't think that was possible .

absolutely incredible. thank you

wlP3dzD8gxnmo.gif

Advertisement

You need something about arm violence, trusting their training and the process

You need something about arm violence, trusting their training and the process

Ok. I'm going to edit it to add some more stuff. Good call.

i think calloway might have commited to uf tonight. Trying to get confirmation, because it was a little vague

there was at least one more in addition to the two that went public today.

Advertisement

To be honest Susan this is more about creating culture than anything else. We want responsible classy, dependable kids hat want to be Miami Hurricanes. We've got an All American in Jaquan Johnson who enrolled early. He didn't play the hat game. He came in, got into the weight room and got to work. Same thing with Charles Perry. He's been here three weeksand he's already 210 from 202. Jamie Gordinier...235 pounds as a true freshman. It's about getting kids that are committed and are ready willing and able to get in here and start competing, start lifting, start getting bigger and stronger. They trusted the process at an early age and they are in there competing. You look at that kid on film, he's a thumper. This is big time college ball, you gotta get strong. Look at a kid like Michael Jackson. He was in SEC country. We planted our flag there and took that kid right from that prime real estate. So the power of the brand is just as strong as ever. He dominated the camp. Manny, it's about skills, not stars. That's what I tell our kids. And if you look at our history, that's how it plays out. Dan Morgan....two star FB. Ed Reed, 2 star from Louisiana. People don't get excited about the Hayden Mahoneys, but I can promise you, that kid will lean on you. For four quarters. He's a difference maker. He's got the arm violence in the trenches. So we are about skills not stars or ratings, here. You want to talk about big gets, look no further than Lawrence Cager. We took him from Alabama and Nick Saban. It's about hard work and convincing kids we can take care of them for their future. This kid was an All American. And he turned down Alabama for the University of Miami. It's about making the evaluations and putting in the work.

We put in the work and we get the results. Bar Milo....again, this is a kid that can play the way we want. Were developing a California pipeline, here. Our staff has really established a reputation there that we are quite frankly a power to be reckoned with. We had a couple kids that we really made SC sweat about in their backyard. We kind of pushed them to the limit there at Serra. I can bet you that staff isn't looking to tangle with us down there next year. Get your licks in now. So you can see the progress there. Were building a base, Tim. It's about establishing a foundation, if you will. Same thing with a kid like Scott Patchan. You guys aren't slobbering over him because he missed his senior year with an ACL, but I can tell you the Alabama's, thr Ohio States, the Florida States all wanted this kid. This is a family who sent their other son elsewhere but we were able to, quite frankly, get them back to the University of Miami. We got them to believe in the school and the football program again Tim and so we will have the pleasure of coaching their son up. Now you asked me the question and I'm telling you straight up, I'm happy with what we've done. Now has it been easy? Gosh darnit no. It hadn't been easy. It hasn't been peaches and cream, so ofcourse we aren't going to get every 5 star on the planet. My job changed on August 15th, 2011. We didn't ask for it, but we dealt with it and have moved past it. And we are moving past the negativity here. I gotta be honest with you guys. It's not easy recruiting with all the negativity and forums and banners and such. There's some kids we lost because they weren't happy with the negativity and so we've had to overcome some things in recruiting. We've had to overcome adversity in that sense. And we've got a lot of wonderful people here, wonderful fans that stuck with us through thick and thin. But, and I think this is a truism in life, you always have some stragglers, a shrill minority if you will that has a tendency to ruin things for the rest of the people. But like I said, I thought we fought admirably through that adversity and we did that pretty well. So I'm happy that we are building a strong base, not just now but for many years.

I legit googled the first line to make sure it wasn't real. Well done, sir.

I'm On this site all the time but almost never post. But that is so **** spot on. I could hear his voice and syntax while I read it!

Depressing hilariously spot on

Advertisement
Back