Baseball Recruiting

Advertisement
The Staff is hoping all of the pitchers make it to campus as well as Bailen, huge bat from Orlando

I’m not going to get my hopes up of seeing him in a Canes uniform. That’s big time stuff for a kid still 2 years out. Assuming he still has a touch of velo left and some polish that is a high first round pick.
mannnn... as a dad with baseball sons, are we suppose to hold their arms back in HS and keep them in the 80's or what??? It's always mentioned or warned on here that these kids throwing smoke early on burn their arms out.. Is there some general advise to follow?

Advertisement
mannnn... as a dad with baseball sons, are we suppose to hold their arms back in HS and keep them in the 80's or what??? It's always mentioned or warned on here that these kids throwing smoke early on burn their arms out.. Is there some general advise to follow?
Honestly…who knows the “secret formula.” But I think the issues comes with year after year usage. The velo is one thing; But pitching in tournaments year round from age 8 up has to be mixed in the equation. I think if you monitor innings at a younger age, take some time away then ramp up slower it’s good. Then prob in middle school-ish if your son is truly “all in” on baseball that’s the age where you put a plan in place for mobility,strength, etc. only so many bullets in the gun.

I say the same thing about RB’s. I’d love to see a study of top backs and the number of carries from their freshman year of High school up. Just feels like around the age of 28-32 they all hit a wall. Sure there are some anomalies like Gore and Henry. But I think there is some amount that seems to send them from wearing down to career over.

David Shields got a pretty legit case of mono and is weeks behind. But MLB teams are still high on him. Going to be 50/50 getting him to campus.

Kleiven has looked great. Gave up a few early to a loaded Delbarton team and then shut them down. Kleiven could be the next Ziehl type. 6’1 210 bulldog. High spin rate kid too so his 91-94 will play up.

Tate-DeRias. Team is loaded. He Has looked very good. I still think he could potentially be a two way guy…but way more upside on the mound and my guess is that will be the way they go. He is flashing 92-93 now after working with Tread and BPC. Really good looking arm. I think he is a kid who could easily jump to 95-97 in a year.

Advertisement
Back