Baseball experts

hassan

Recruit
Does anyone here have an expertise into H.S. Baseball recruiting? My best friend's son is a prospect and has committed to FLA Gators. He seems to be a good prospect because he was offered a school to montverd, played overseas for the national team on Czech and has been offered by FLA. I am not into baseball a lot but I am curious why would UM not offer him? His name is Michael Senay and he played for the Scorprions Travel team.

Advertisement
Does anyone here have an expertise into H.S. Baseball recruiting? My best friend's son is a prospect and has committed to FLA Gators. He seems to be a good prospect because he was offered a school to montverd, played overseas for the national team on Czech and has been offered by FLA. I am not into baseball a lot but I am curious why would UM not offer him? His name is Michael Senay and he played for the Scorprions Travel team.
A majority of high school players get recruited pretty young like freshman/ sophomore. They are usually initially spotted at big tournaments run by Area Code Baseball and Perfect Game. These tournaments are flooded with college coaches and pro scouts so he might have been spotted there. Similar to football, the Gators might have had a connection with his school, coach, etc.

I’m sure Miami was aware of him but baseball is weird in that most players don’t get full rides to the school. Each school gets 11.7 scholarships and has to divide that among the players so some get more, some less. Miami might have ran out of scholarships or offered too little of a percentage it could be a million reasons.

A majority of high school players get recruited pretty young like freshman/ sophomore. They are usually initially spotted at big tournaments run by Area Code Baseball and Perfect Game. These tournaments are flooded with college coaches and pro scouts so he might have been spotted there. Similar to football, the Gators might have had a connection with his school, coach, etc.

I’m sure Miami was aware of him but baseball is weird in that most players don’t get full rides to the school. Each school gets 11.7 scholarships and has to divide that among the players so some get more, some less. Miami might have ran out of scholarships or offered too little of a percentage it could be a million reasons.
He has a 9 score on perfect game, spoke to his dad his FB is touching 92 these days. https://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=744256

Advertisement
The obvious answer is that he is too good for our current staff that loves 82 mph pitches and .200 OBP

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back