Baseball America 2021 Top 25

Advertisement
Seems pretty low to me given the 5 round draft. We are either bringing back some returning players or bringing in some highly regarded recruits. They can’t all get drafted in 5 rounds.

Based on what's projected in the draft I'd say somewhere between 10-15 would be accurate. Pitching will be unproven going into 2021 and we've seen how cold the bats can get for long stretches of time. Without BVB, C Mc, and Slade being lights out almost every time out, we probably lose a few more games before the season was ended. FSU being #9 was a surprise to me. Don't see that at all.

That should be where we are ranked every year until this Miami program turns the corner. Until the fundamentals improve within this program we are not deserving of any ranking higher than 20's. Not to mention our skipper who tends to make as many mental mistakes as our team does.

Advertisement
The best case scenario for the draft IMO is that we lose only McMahon and one or two of the highly regarded HS recruits. If that happens, this ranking is too low, but let's be honest, even pre-season rankings in a normal year are highly suspect. But ya, FSU at 9 and us at 24 is a joke (they play worse defense than we do).

2021 performance will likely be all over the map. We'll find out which programs/kids are committed to improving their skills, getting stronger and staying in shape, etc. w 6 - 9 months, perhaps, of no competitive play.

Advertisement
Back