Banners Matter

cyrez8

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Asked if he’s had time to reflect how hard it’s been to get to this point, York recalled the banners that flew over the stadium in December 2015, the end of Tomsula’s season, asking him to step down.

Advertisement
Asked if he’s had time to reflect how hard it’s been to get to this point, York recalled the banners that flew over the stadium in December 2015, the end of Tomsula’s season, asking him to step down.
Was he after Golden and before Richt?

Sure. Because a for-profit enterprise financed entirely by the fanbase at large is remotely comparable to a non-profit enterprise financed by a few, select people with more money than they know what to do with.

That makes sense.

Which is why banners flew for over a year before Golden was fired. Richt was never fired. And Manny was fired in 2019...

wait... is that 0-3?

Advertisement
Sure. Because a for-profit enterprise financed entirely by the fanbase at large is remotely comparable to a non-profit enterprise financed by a few, select people with more money than they know what to do with.

That makes sense.
The BOT guy said the same...

Non profits still rely on generating income to operate. Those few financiers are not supporting the programs operations

The BOT guy said the same...

Non profits still rely on generating income to operate. Those few financiers are not supporting the programs operations

Of course. We need and rely on our TV revenue (ACC Contract), Adidas contract and ticket sales etc.

Advertisement
Which is why banners flew for over a year before Golden was fired. Richt was never fired. And Manny was fired in 2019...

wait... is that 0-3?

You know what does nothing? Supporting the self-inflicted cancer and the status quo.

I like how people attempting to bring change and get things addressed/fixed are the issue. The BOTs, ADs and any other decision makers are the actual and real reason our program hasn’t had a relevant season in ~20 years (since 2003).

Maybe this is over your head, but the banner or billboard or __________ (insert other attempts to bring change) likely won’t be the direct cause of the change. The point is to bring more attention to the issue.

Do you not understand this?

Do you believe in supporting self-inflicted cancer?

1. You have a real issue, atrocious coaching and decision making (with the niners).

2. You have a group trying to bring attention to a real issue.

3. People have the right to not support the niners. This includes not supporting the team via giving direct money (e.g. buying tickets). They also have the right to attempt to get the message out and shame the decision makers to bring change.

Why is this so difficult to understand? I feel fairly confident that once they let go of Harbaugh (top 5 NFL coach at the time) and then what resulted, the fans had the right to make noise.

The potatoes in our fan base are shocked that many are unhappy with the current process and simps in charge. These people don’t want to support the self-inflicted cancer; shocker.

This may be a shock to everyone but our last relevant season was 2003. It is time for actual change; there still has been none.

You know what does nothing? Supporting the self-inflicted cancer and the status quo.

I like how people attempting to bring change and get things addressed/fixed are the issue. The BOTs, ADs and any other decision makers are the actual and real reason our program hasn’t had a relevant season in ~20 years (since 2003).

Maybe this is over your head, but the banner or billboard or __________ (insert other attempts to bring change) likely won’t be the direct cause of the change. The point is to bring more attention to the issue.

Do you not understand this?

Do you believe in supporting self-inflicted cancer?
I didn’t renew and that’s how I vote.

I didn’t renew and that’s how I vote.

That is more than fair and your right. You're not addressing my other questions. Do you want actual change?

Please note: What I mean by actual change is a change in the process. For example: Bring in a competent AD with passion and autonomy (e.g. Danny White) and allow them to run athletics.

Advertisement

wait... is that 0-3?

I don’t think banners were flown for Richt. They were flown for every coach from Butch Davis through Al Golden. If Richt had stayed in 2019, there probably would have been banners flown. Possibly as soon as game 3, if he had started 0-2 like Diaz did.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t think banners were clown for Richt. They were flown for every coach from Butch Davis through Al Golden. If Richt had stayed in 2019, there probably would have been banners flown. Possibly as soon as game 3, if he had started 0-2 like Diaz did.
Oh they did. "4 mil for this? Thou shalt not steal, Please hire an OC/QB coach."

Advertisement
Back