Baker Mayfield...

bobbo31

Freshman
Baker Mayfield is the true freshman QB at Texas Tech. He had offers from Washington State, FAU, and New Mexico but chose to walk on at Texas Tech. Isn't there an NCAA rule that players with FBS offers can't walk on to another FBS school. Wasn't that the case with Martavious Odoms back in I believe 2008 I believe.

Advertisement
absolutely not!...I believe Luke Del Rio did the same thing at Alabama this year...

He had offers from Oregon State, OSU, and others...28th ranked QB on rivals...

that would be crazy if a dude would turn down a free 4 years of school, but the ncaa could force you to go or not play

So what was the case with Odoms then?

And what is to stop Miami from not offering Irvin and Lewis kid for example and they just come to UM anyway?

So what was the case with Odoms then?

And what is to stop Miami from not offering Irvin and Lewis kid for example and they just come to UM anyway?

Lewis and Irvin is about respect.. Kids parents are huge benefactors and promote the program to an unquantifiable amount.. Thus pay back is a scholarship for their sons (also those kids are qualified D-1 athletes)

All about respect

Advertisement
Baker Mayfield is the true freshman QB at Texas Tech. He had offers from Washington State, FAU, and New Mexico but chose to walk on at Texas Tech. Isn't there an NCAA rule that players with FBS offers can't walk on to another FBS school. Wasn't that the case with Martavious Odoms back in I believe 2008 I believe.

I believe Odoms was trying to go on a track scholarship and he was already recruited by a football coach. Thats not allowed.

Someone said it but we were trying to sneak Odoms in on a track scholarship but he was already recruited by a football coach

That isnt allowed

Oh good grief. No, that's not a rule.

Advertisement
The rule is if a kid is recruited for football he can't be on scholarship for another sport and walk on for football. He would be a football scholarship because it is the higher revenue sport. There is no rule from keeping a kid from paying his own way and walking on anywhere.

Advertisement
Back