Back to a lil football talk: Q's on some players... D$, El, Cribby, ahh you experts know who you are..

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Some questions on some players:
  • Elijah Roberts - I keep hearing he's loaded with talent and the fact that he hasn't gotten much burn is unsurprising with this staff if that's true. Here's the question - is he destined to be a large, SDE and is that his best fit, since our DE room is not as good as our DT room? Does he have the natural ability (twitch or not) to be a solid DE for us?
  • Rique - What're the bones saying about his future with us? Is he staying or going?
  • Al Blades - I'm just a dumpy former athlete living vicariously through these guys so what do I know, but by my amateur opinion, it seems like Al can still be an effective CB for us if he returns to full health. What's the prognosis on him going forward?
  • Kahlil Brantley - He's just a frosh, but I was optimistic about him. Is he showing signs of anything good?
  • John Campbell - When he came to us I had really high hopes, then he seemed to be showing signs of being a bust, but now he's projected as the starter at RT. Thoughts on him?
  • Steed - He actually showed some promise at the end of the season. What do you make of him for his senior year?
  • Troutman - Hearing some buzz on him that he's a future star - is this close to accurate?
  • Jabari - How is he looking on the scout team and in practice? He was a young man I thought could rise through the ranks after a little S&C and training.
  • Redding - He was tearing it up pre-injury. What's his status?
  • Brinson - The owner of the highlight catch of the year. Seems to have the freshman case of the dropsies. Like George, I love his smoothness and feel like he could be a taller version of Snoop Minnis, who terrorized Nole opponents in the late 90's.
BONUS SECTION - Coaches
  • Simpson - Some of you soured on him, but I think he's the goods and a far better recruiter than he gets credit for. Does he stay?
  • Likens - He's probably gonezo, but if he calls a good game in the bowl (isn't he our OC in the bowl...?) would we consider him if we get anyone else but Lane?
  • T-Rob - The jury's out on him with me, but my suspicion is that he's a better coach than he was able to show because of Manny. Great recruiter. Do we hold onto him for recruiting if nothing else? If we somehow slip into Bizarro world and Manny is retained, I'd like to see him take over the DC spot under the condition that Manny kisses babies and T-Rob is allowed to be the HC of the D. Manny is not being retained, but if he were, since it would be a wasted experimental year anyway, I'd love to see what toughness T-Rob could bring if he isn't handcuffed.
  • Shoop - Came in with a strong rep, but I have no idea how good he's been in his role. If Bizarro World happens, just like with T-Rob, I'd love to see what Shoop could do with the D in a lame duck season.
  • DVD - By all accounts, a great recruiter and well-liked by the players. I'd be interested in bringing him back regardless of who takes over at HC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back