Average of over 10 players per season leaving program since 2016

rok

Great Poster
Hard to field a veteran team with so much attrition. Over 30 players have left the program with at least one season of eligibility remaining, some better than others:

J. Thomas
Yearby
Kaaya
McIntosh
Norton
Grace
Muhammad
Owens
Brady
J. Young
C. Jenkins
Edwards
Odogwu
Linder
J. Brown
Tucker
Washington
Walton
Bruce
Mullins
Allison
Haskins
Wright
C. Perry
James
DJ Johnson
D. Harris
T. Johnson
Gordinier
Loftus
Fines
Shirreffs
King
Henley
Milo

Last edited:
Advertisement
Some were thrown off for breaking team rules, some were Goldens 2-3 star recruits who were forced out. Some retired due to injury....whats the point, go to Florida or FSU the list might be longer.

No agenda other than to point out how many kids have moved on. 34 players in 3 years seems a bit high.

It sucks because we never replace talent with talent.

We lose a 5* rb and get a 3*. But then we lose a 3* LB and get a 4*.

We have no consistency in signing talent with depth nor keeping the best talent as long as possible.

Advertisement
Got this from twitta

In Mark Richt's first three recruiting classes at Miami, 66 prospects enrolled. Since then, 12 of those student-athletes are no longer with the program. That's just under 20 percent of those enrollees, including the Hurricanes' top recruit in both the 2016 and 2017 class.

No agenda other than to point out how many kids have moved on. 34 players in 3 years seems a bit high. If you want to field a veteran team you're gonna have to keep kids around. Ask Dabo.
FSU had 28 in 4 years so yeah we are doing worse than them

Hard to field a veteran team with so much attrition. Over 30 players have left the program with at least one season of eligibility remaining, some better than others:

J. Thomas
Yearby
Kaaya
McIntosh
Norton
Grace
Muhammad
Owens
Brady
J. Young
C. Jenkins
Edwards
Odogwu
Linder
J. Brown
Tucker
Washington
Walton
Bruce
Mullins
Allison
Haskins
Wright
C. Perry
James
DJ Johnson
D. Harris
T. Johnson
Gordinier
Loftus
Fines
Shirreffs
King
Henley

Everybody has attrition. That's why you can sign up to 25 per calendar year even though you can't have more than a total of 85 scholarship players at a time.

J. Thomas
Yearby
Kaaya
McIntosh
Norton
Grace
Muhammad
Owens
Brady
J. Young
C. Jenkins
Edwards
Odogwu
Linder
J. Brown
Tucker
Washington
Walton
Bruce
Mullins
Allison
Haskins
Wright
C. Perry
James
DJ Johnson
D. Harris
T. Johnson
Gordinier
Loftus
Fines
Shirreffs
King
Henley

Yeah, but arguably speaking HALF of these cats were CANCERS in the locker room. So it was best they moved on and all that.

Advertisement
This is such as misleading post. Some left for the NFL others for more playing time! There is no difference between other top college teams! Players today want to play and get paid, so is this on Richt. This is a national dilemma as kids are different!

I agree with you; however it seems that most of our attrition has come after a couple of years vs. guys not qualifying. I don't follow other programs as religiously, but I would have to assume we tend to lose more impactful players vs. avg Joe's like other programs.

Got this from twitta

In Mark Richt's first three recruiting classes at Miami, 66 prospects enrolled. Since then, 12 of those student-athletes are no longer with the program. That's just under 20 percent of those enrollees, including the Hurricanes' top recruit in both the 2016 and 2017 class.
Doesn't necessarily mean much. Go back and look at some of JJ's early classes.

I think there's something about East St. Louis players...I remember Jeff Howard, a highly touted DE from that school. He was one of JJ's early recruits. I don't know if he lasted more than a semester.

Something about the way some of these kids handle adversity....

That saying, I don't know what the issues are in this case. I can understand being unhappy with his role on the offense.

Advertisement
True, but there are ways to manipulate the numbers a bit.

Year to year yes, but if you say 25 x 4 years and take away 30 that left, you're at 70. That doesn't cut it. Massage a few early entries here and there on the front end and it's still bad. Just look at the lack of depth we have at some positions. Yes some is roster mismanagement by the staff but you can only take so many guys per year and some positions will suffer.

Advertisement
Back