ATH DeAndre McNeal

Advertisement
Feel like he will probably be a TE but reminds me of a small forward playing football. His physical ability on the field is pretty impressive.

Feel like he will probably be a TE but reminds me of a small forward playing football. His physical ability on the field is pretty impressive.

Anytime someone see a WR listed 220+ lbs... they automatically throw in the "**** end up playing TE" LOL

Take the jumbo athlete and figure it out later. Cant teach 6'2 230

Advertisement

Anytime someone see a WR listed 220+ lbs... they automatically throw in the "**** end up playing TE" LOL

I don't agree with you often, but I do with this.

If we signed Sean Taylor today people would be saying we should move him to linebacker.
Andre Johnson to tight end.

I'd love to see jumbo wr's all over our depth chart.

Be nice to pose matchup nightmares for defenses with every pass catcher we throw out there.

The kid can play RB / H-Back/ TE which will be a key flex position when UM's offense goes up tempo with same personnel grouping. I like the offer, especially in 2 yrs when we are down 9 scholarships and need that depth flexibility.

Go Canes

If we signed Sean Taylor today people would be saying we should move him to linebacker.

Be nice to pose matchup nightmares for defenses with every pass catcher we throw out there.

Dead on! Butch loved taking big freak players. I find it hilarious that when we get a big player ppl automatically want to move to a position that is size matching. McGahee was a house... Should we have moved him to FB to block? **** no. ****, Antrell was 220 pound corner!

Advertisement

We had jumbo receivers back in he late '60's. One guy I remember was around 240, all our starting receivers were at least 215.

Looked it up: our "flanker" was Steve Smith at 242; our "split end" was Jim Cox at 230, and TE was Larry LaPointe at 212. By contrast, one of our starting guards was Tom Hamilton, at 5'10', 210. Our biggest OT was Joe Mirto at 240. One of our better OTs was David Dice at 5'10", 225. How things have changed.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago he named a Top 3 of ASU, TTech, and TCU.

http://247sports.com/Article/McNeal-with-a-Top-3-186171

MESQUITE, Texas - Deandre McNeal, one of the top jumbo athletes in Texas, has six offers.

“Arizona State, Texas Tech, SMU, Colorado State, TCU and Kansas have offered,” McNeal told 247Sports Tuesday morning at his high school. “I’m also getting interest from Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, LSU and USC. SMU was my first offer. I’m hoping to get offers from Alabama, LSU and USC.”
Three of the offers stick out for the Mesquite (TX) Poteet standout. “TCU, Texas Tech and Arizona State,” McNeal said. “Really I don’t know right now. They are all there neck and neck. When I take official visits to all three of them it will be wherever I feel most comfortable (and) at home. You can’t just go to college for just football. From January through May you have to live there so when its boring you have to make something happen. Its going to be a lot of fun to make this decision.”

The three-star prospect detailed what he likes about each program.

Texas Tech - “What I want to do. They have what I want to do there with Crime Scene Investigation and Political Science. (I could be a) Secret Service president or maybe even be the President one day. I know the Chancellor there is real good with that. I guess he beat George Bush somewhere in politics down the road. He could help me a lot with that. They treat me like (its a) kingdom there. They say I’m going to start as a freshman as an outside linebacker. Named (as the) All-Big 12 Freshman of the Year. The linebacker awards and stuff. That’s the stuff they are telling me.”

TCU - “Its not too big and its not too small. Its in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. I grew up here and I know it like the back of my hand. And if I ever want to be an entrepreneur. I’d love to start a business in Texas because North Texas has a lot of money here. I think that would really help me out a lot as well.”

Arizona State - “Its Arizona. Its a nice place so far that I’ve heard. They also have another big business down there. I heard great things about that. I’m really looking forward to that.”

There’s one offer, if it comes, could shoot to the top. “Oklahoma,” McNeal said. “I mean its Oklahoma. Boomer Sooner. I’ve always liked them. Adrian Peterson. I’ve always liked Oklahoma.” The nation’s No. 80 athlete has been to TCU and Texas Tech.
“I’ll probably try to reach out to Arizona State when school is over with,” McNeal said. “And Auburn. I’ve been talking to them for a couple of months. And Kansas.”

The 6-foot-2, 227-pounder indicates high marks in terms of academics and speed.

“My GPA is a 3.0 and I ran a 4.43,” McNeal said. He played receiver and H-back as a junior. He’s being recruited for many positions. “SMU says safety,” McNeal said. “Texas Tech wants me as an outside linebacker.

Everybody says athlete. I’ve been playing offense all my life. In college, everybody is just as fast, just as quick, just as big as me. Then I would have to try learn a whole different side of the ball in a short period of time when I just could play offense. Catch the ball, get up the field and score a touchdown. (With my) size visually you would see me as a linebacker, but in my mind I always want to play offense because I like scoring touchdowns. Slot or running back. Either one or even outside receiver.”

As a junior, McNeal rushed 64 times for 406 yards and nine touchdowns. He added 40 catches for 582 yards and 11 touchdowns.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For what this kid wants Miami offers everything, he wants to into politics and Both Clinton and Obama have spent more time at UM then any other school thanks to Donna. Someone needs to share this little tidbit with the young man, he definitely sounds like a Miami guy.

Go Canes

McNeal says he'll be taking official visits to Miami, UCLA, and Oklahoma State.

Since the most recent post in this thread (April 24), McNeal has added offers from Tennessee, UCLA, Alabama, Ohio State, Texas, Ole Miss, Auburn, and Oklahoma.

Advertisement
McNeal is no longer taking an official to Oklahoma State. He's taking OVs to Miami (December 12), Alabama, UCLA, Texas, and Texas A&M (this weekend). Has offers from all five of those schools now.

McNeal has always been a stud, and 247 has finally taken notice by elevating him to four-star status.

McNeal is no longer taking an official to Oklahoma State. He's taking OVs to Miami (December 12), Alabama, UCLA, Texas, and Texas A&M (this weekend). Has offers from all five of those schools now.

McNeal has always been a stud, and 247 has finally taken notice by elevating him to four-star status.

I like it... We need studs like him...

man we need them studs on defense i could see him being like dupree from Kentucky....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back