Artie Burns

I don't have anything against Crawford and I'm not saying he's bad because he is surely talented, but I just feel Burns is gonna make a lot of noise especially with an opportunity to get massive PT against Savannah State and the other below average teams we play.

Artie Burns is more naturally talented then Antonio Crawford but I think Burns is being developed as a boundary corner to eventually be the guy after Ladarius Gunter's UM career is over....

I can see Antonio Crawford eventually being pushed by Nate Dortch, or future Cane Nigel Bethel for his spot, but right now i just think his role is to be a quality back-up to Tracy Howard when he is on the field.

IMO unless Crawford just falls completely off his game for some reason, i just think he is going to be the back-up to Tracy and a co-starter at Nickel w/ KC Rodgers and Deon Bush..... which is a good thing b/c Antonio Crawford is good enough to be a starter at a number of different schools.

Advertisement
For this season, my biggest hope for standout freshman like Artie and Stacey Coley, is to seize the PR and KR jobs and get in the rotation at their position and get valuable reps while making plays for the team.

Honestly, I don't want any freshman starting for us, no matter how talented.
Hopefully those days are over.
Give the kiddies reps in games like savannah state, where our walk ons could probably dominate, and then reps in garbage time.
Everybody sees the potential in a lot of our freshmen, but talent can only take you so far.
Last year's defense was the perfect reason why freshmen should never start.

I agree with this in theory. I'd like our freshman to be able to develop. But occasionally you get a kid at certain positions that can come in and truly get after it and compete. Florida unfortunately had one of those in Hargreaves the other day bc that kid was no normal freshman and if this season can be as special as I think it can then Burns won't be a freshman by years end. Couple more years with this staff and depth will be a distant problem

If he doesnt get to starting soon, either this year or early next season I wouldnt be surprised if he goes to track fulltime. His 110mh time is concerning. Running so fast in HS means he will be faster here.....which may mean pressure to turn pro in track.

I know football comes first with him, I'd just like to see him starting before those fast times on the track start rolling in and giving him something to think about.....once that happens Nike, Addidas and Puma will be on the scene with cash money for his signature.

FSU lost Marvin Bracy to track in a similar manner.

Anyone know if his parents were athletes? He has the look of an athlete getting the genes from both sides.

If he doesnt get to starting soon, either this year or early next season I wouldnt be surprised if he goes to track fulltime. His 110mh time is concerning. Running so fast in HS means he will be faster here.....which may mean pressure to turn pro in track.

I know football comes first with him, I'd just like to see him starting before those fast times on the track start rolling in and giving him something to think about.....once that happens Nike, Addidas and Puma will be on the scene with cash money for his signature.

FSU lost Marvin Bracy to track in a similar manner.

Anyone know if his parents were athletes? He has the look of an athlete getting the genes from both sides.

his lil bro is a star in the making also....im guessing its in the fam genes dad i believe.......

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back