Article says RB Mark Walton now 50/50 to reclassify...

Advertisement
Thanks for posting the tidbits on Walton from the article. The best case scenario for Walton and UM is for him to come as a 2016 Early Enrollee. The other concern he needs to watchout for is over extending himself causing his GPA to drop below a 2.5, in which case UM's admission may deny him based on UM's standards for athletic admission.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the tidbits on Walton from the article. The best case scenario for Walton and UM is for him to come as a 2016 Early Enrollee. The other concern he needs to watchout for is over extending himself causing his GPA to drop below a 2.5, in which case UM's admission may deny him based on UM's standards for athletic admission.

Go Canes

Where do u come up with this ****?

Go Canes

Where do u come up with this ****?

What exactly do you have issue with in my statement, that wasn't elementally stated. Stop thread stalking me, if you have nothing pertinent to add to the thread discussion.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
I never understood why he was trying to reclassify in the first place.

he's supposed to be in the class of 2015 originally. But he never officially reclassified like Pete said months ago

I never understood why he was trying to reclassify in the first place.

Dan is spot on... He was held back in elementary school.
Ok that makes more sense. But still, it's the first time I've ever heard of a recruit trying to skip a grade of high school.

I bet the staff told him to put the brakes on taking the extra classes and strongly suggested he stick to 2016.

Dan is spot on... He was held back in elementary school.

Correct...and even though He's really a natural 12th grader, only needing 8 credits going into your Jr. year ain't that bad. But the things is, is will He have His core classes squared away...4 years of Math & English, 3 years of Natural & Social Sciences, & 2 years of Foreign Language. But in any event, a school that puts out D1 talent like BTW should have a recruiting coordinator...same thing with Carol City...these kids shouldn't be scrambling during their 12th grade year trying to get into UM, ala Gray.

Advertisement
"I did a lot of classes already, need six more credits to get to 24 and through the whole school year I'll have to take eight classes"

Far as I know, you need 28 credits to graduate, so that would mean MW would be 2 credits short when the school year is over. But if He goes the Gray route, and takes on-line classes next Summer, He could eek it out and be a late enrollee next year. This is assuming He knocks out the ACT.

Will happily take him whenever, would prefer if he is 2016.

Would help us with the 2015 RB situation, and I'm all about letting kids get as old as possible before they show up.

Advertisement
Well at least we can say this kid truly is doing everything he can to try to get into the 2015 class. The only problem with him being in the 2016 class is that it will be harder to keep him committed for another 20 months. But as far as for the 2015 hb class I think it clears space for Scarlett (if the staff convinces Cronk Williams is an hb/wr) while keeping Cronk and Williams.

But if Walton is 2016 that class will just be even better than it already will be

Florida RB class is terrible in 2016 so I have been of the hope he stays 2016 and doesn't spook any 2015 recruits.

Advertisement
Back