Article on Brad

Advertisement
My favorite line, I wish it were true... "To top it all off, Kaaya is well aware of his coach’s tenuous job situation. Each Miami loss could be the crack that sends Al Golden plummeting through the thin ice on which he currently operates."

Saw the title and about chucked my cookies because of this:

[video=youtube;dxd49IRu02E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxd49IRu02E[/video]

Please, just put Kaaya...

Guys, thanks for the kind words.

I'm a new contributor for Athlon Sports that is covering part of the ACC, including Miami. I'm also going to be writing about Virginia Tech, Louisville, and Notre Dame, as well as possibly some other teams.

I'm very, very interested in following the Canes this year. There are so many story lines and it will obviously be an important season.

Thanks again and I look forward to reading the board.

Jon Kinne

I'm a new contributor for Athlon Sports that is covering part of the ACC, including Miami. I'm also going to be writing about Virginia Tech, Louisville, and Notre Dame, as well as possibly some other teams.

I'm very, very interested in following the Canes this year. There are so many story lines and it will obviously be an important season.

Jon Kinne

No problem Jon. It was a very well written article and Brad should be on of the best to come out of Miami. Can your next article be titled "Miami fans are begging and pleading for a new Head Coach". TIA

Advertisement

Jon Kinne

You left out our biggest disappointment at QB: Kyle Wright

Since Ken Dorsey had consecutive top-five Heisman Trophy finishes in 2001 and ‘02, Miami has struggled to find an elite quarterback. Hurricane fans were tantalized at times by the play of Brock Berlin, Jacory Harris and Stephen Morris. But in the end, none of those players fully met expectations in large part because they simply did not win enough games.

Jon Kinne

That won't last very long.

Kayaa is almost sure to regress this year.

The loss of Duke, Walford and Dorsett combined with a thin inexperienced OL will be difficult to overcome.

We don't run a plug and play system offense. Our offense requires extraordinary talent and experience at every position.

Jon Kinne

Since Ken Dorsey had consecutive top-five Heisman Trophy finishes in 2001 and ‘02, Miami has struggled to find an elite quarterback. Hurricane fans were tantalized at times by the play of Brock Berlin, Jacory Harris and Stephen Morris. But in the end, none of those players fully met expectations in large part because they simply did not win enough games.

and Kirby.

Advertisement
I was thinking the same thing. Kyle Wright was a 5 star can't miss prospect. Those were some painful years. The low-light was watching Kirby Freeman come in and somehow play worse (might have been the worst performance in school history)

Jon Kinne[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jon Kinne

Godspeed Juan. Godspeed.

Advertisement
Juan, continue to apply pressure on Al. Want that mans seat to feel like a fresh out the oven hot pocket.

I'm probably going to write something in the near future about ACC coaches on the hot seat. Al's not the only one in the league facing a make or break year.

One of my friends actually asked me today, after reading the article, if Golden's job was really in jeopardy. Obviously, he doesn't follow Miami too closely. I was kind and just said, "Yes. Oh yes it is."

To summarize, most of us on here whine about the fact that Al's turned us into a poor man's version of UVA circa 2003. The remainder whine about all the whining.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm probably going to write something in the near future about ACC coaches on the hot seat. Al's not the only one in the league facing a make or break year.

One of my friends actually asked me today, after reading the article, if Golden's job was really in jeopardy. Obviously, he doesn't follow Miami too closely. I was kind and just said, "Yes. Oh yes it is."

Juan, your friend may know more about Miami than you think.

Advertisement
Back