Are Richt's best coaching days behind him?

Advertisement
He's just made dumb choices like he did at UGA. It's small things, but they add up. Bad hires at UGA, not pursuing certain kids, not preparing for games effectively.

Yes they are ....i would love him as the next athletic director. But hes done as a coach bcuz he aint willing to change and pulling a bobby bowden by letting his unqualified son coach the MOST IMPORTANT POSITION on the team.

Sucks becauz hes a genuinely good man. But this **** aint church this is bigtime take no prisoner college football.

All offseason to prepare and we exhibited all the signs of a badly coached team.

The idiots on this board harping on Malik Rosier are missing the bigger picture here. The fact we are still starting a Malik Rosier in Richt's THIRD ******* SEASON here speaks to Richt's roster construction, recruiting, and talent evaluation deficiencies.

They wanted a safe hire that will graduate kids and keep us out of the negative press. Mission accomplished, now just don't you dare complain about results.

We couldn't have an easier schedule and we just lost to an LSU game that will lose at least 3 games this season.

Yes. His best days were also not good enough to win the big one.

Yet we came to his rescue after UGA justifiably canned him.

Advertisement
When you're getting outclassed by Ed Orgeron you can't help but wonder if this is the case.

Im not Richt slurper but I would have never even considered the thought before this game . Getting outclassed by Ed Orgeron tonight makes me think that you may be right.

Na, gotta find a competent QB that can execute a basic offense and make the easy throws though. Until he does we will struggle with good defenses. Hopefully 1 is already on the roster and he's discovered in the next 3 weeks.

All offseason to prepare and we exhibited all the signs of a badly coached team.

The idiots on this board harping on Malik Rosier are missing the bigger picture here. The fact we are still starting a Malik Rosier in Richt's THIRD ******* SEASON here speaks to Richt's roster construction, recruiting, and talent evaluation deficiencies.

They wanted a safe hire that will graduate kids and keep us out of the negative press. Mission accomplished, now just don't you dare complain about results.

We couldn't have an easier schedule and we just lost to an LSU game that will lose at least 3 games this season.

What was the plan even if Kaaya had stayed last year? Rosier would be first year starter this year? Atrocious talent eval on qb recruiting by Richt if that's the case.

Advertisement
As an Offensive Coordinator yes.

As a HC, I'm not writing him off just yet, but these losing streaks are really really troubling.

He needs to really reevaluate how he hires his staff & reexamine how he gets his team motivated for these kinds of games.

With the exception of FSU 2016, when we lose we be getting our asses whooped bruh & the team just looks lifeless on the field, that sh*t gotta stop man.

Last edited:
Absolutely. And if you dont believe so look at our games against quality opponents.

Honestly CMR is extremely lazy. Too lazy to really upgrade his O. Too lazy to hire quality coaches instead of guys who will feel like they owe you. Too lazy to really recruit instead of recruiting one guy at a position and watching him sign elsewhere. Even today, the only difference in our O was that we lined up in pistol before motioning the back to the opposite side of where the play was run... the game has passed him by. And I'm not trying to be an *******. Hes just stuck in his ways. He did the same at UGA.

I'd love to see CMR transition into an AD and be able to work the way he likes. In cfb today you need to put time in and work your *** off. Hiring your son as a QB coach, protege as OC (in title only), and friend as OL coach is just plain ******* lazy!! And I wont even get to the hires on D. It's been a long disappointing night..

He tied himself to the OC job so he essentially put himself in a position where he can’t evaluate the OC position objectively and he has limited his options.
He won’t fire himself from being the OC probably because no self respecting OC that’s worth a **** would accept his son as QB coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back