Anyone remember Jon Colon....

Advertisement
I totally remember.....things didn't exactly pan out for him at Florida

Don't think anyone is overly worried about the individual talent as they are about the corresponding fallout.

Advertisement
It's funny now to look back at that. We were hysterical. I still remember the women's track coach, Coach "Squeek," who brought a LOI to the Colon house and had Jonathan sign it before midnight the night before signing day. Then he signed one with UF.

And we got into a squabble over it. He went to UF. I think he might have started, but he was very forgettable.

I remember his mother saying he was in the bedroom at the very time she was talking to a reporter, changing the screensaver to Gator.

Did we get Willis out of Central the same year? We got two good RBs from Central, Najeh and Willis, I think Willis came the year we lost Colon.

Actually, just read the angelfire article. Yeah, each school got an LOI. The story that I kept reading on Grassy, the papers, everywhere else, is that mysterious woman who visited the Colon house the night before was a track coach at Central, and they called her Coach Squeek.

I have no idea if she really was a coach at Central. This is laughable, because the article talks about how pro-UF the coaching staff at Central was, but nobody pulled better talent from that school two years running than we did with Najeh Davenport and Willis McGahee. That is, if my old, feeble memory is correct.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back