Anyone know who all redshirted this year?

nccane10

Recruit
I remember Golden saying on the Jose Rose show, I think during the bye week, that he was redshirting a bunch of players this year for the first time (maybe 15-18, I can't remember the number he said). I believe he mentioned guys like Ryan Mayes who played a couple snaps this year in the FAMU game if my memory serves me correct....not sure how him redshirting would be possible since he wasn't injured. I know Jelani Hamilton, MCray, Rosier, Mike Smith, Corey King, and Earl Moore (who apparently is transferring) were redshirting. Can anyone come up with a list of who they know/think redshirted? Thanks.

Advertisement
Malik Rosier
Darrell Langham
Rashawn Scott
David Njoku
Tyler Grimsley
Joe Brown
Demetrius Jackson
Al-Quadin Muhammad
Terry McCray
Mike Smith
Ryan Mayes
Earl Moore-transferred
Jelani Hamilton
Rayshawn Jenkins

Kc McDermott is eligible for one since he only appeared in 4 of the first 5 games before his season ending injury.

Corey King already used his red shirt so that's not an option.

Last edited:
feel like hamilton is an 8th year sophomore at this point. hope those ice cream sandwiches pay off

Do you know why Mayes gets a redshirt? Didn't he play vs. FAMU? Thanks for the list though.

Advertisement
Do you know why Mayes gets a redshirt? Didn't he play vs. FAMU? Thanks for the list though.
That's right, unless he had some season ending injury I'm not aware of that's another one off the list. Good thing his shirt wasn't burned for useless garbage time.

That's right, unless he had some season ending injury I'm not aware of that's another one off the list. Good thing his shirt wasn't burned for useless garbage time.

Funny thing is, is that Golden mentioned Mayes as a redshirt on the Joe Rose show during the second half of the season....I believe during the bye week.

Advertisement
Back