Any predictions on Regional opponents?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We have no one to blame but ourselves if we don't make it out of that regional.
//Yeah, I know, but you know what I'm saying

That comment was Antwan-esque. Sounds like something realistic he would say and get killed for negativity.

That being said, I agree wholeheartedly. Our Regional was a gift, really. Columbia would have been a solid 4 seed somewhere, and we pull them as the 3 seed in our regional...I think they pulled a 3 seed due to their RPI (35). Texas Tech went 0-2 BBQ in the Big 12 Tourney against Texas/Oklahoma, but still has a similar overall record/RPI to us (41-17 vs 40-18, and 15 vs 17). So--Texas Tech being the toughest 2 seed in the tourney (in my opinion) is a bit of a suck, but they're beatable. Drawing Bethune-Cookman as our 4 seed is yet another gift, though. RPI at 202, 26-31 overall, and only got in due to winning the MEAC Tourney's auto bid.

Outside of a tough matchup against Texas Tech as our 2 seed, the rest of our Regional is pretty laughable. I know we lost to B-C early in the season, and they could very well beat us again, but if they beat us--we don't deserve to get out of the Regional anyway. If we're the good team we're supposed to be, and "poised for a postseason run", then they should demolish B-C, and set up a 2-game showdown against either Texas Tech/Columbia to earn the right to go see the Gheytors in McKethan (again).

That comment was Antwan-esque. Sounds like something realistic he would say and get killed for negativity.

That being said, I agree wholeheartedly. Our Regional was a gift, really. Columbia would have been a solid 4 seed somewhere, and we pull them as the 3 seed in our regional...I think they pulled a 3 seed due to their RPI (35). Texas Tech went 0-2 BBQ in the Big 12 Tourney against Texas/Oklahoma, but still has a similar overall record/RPI to us (41-17 vs 40-18, and 15 vs 17). So--Texas Tech being the toughest 2 seed in the tourney (in my opinion) is a bit of a suck, but they're beatable. Drawing Bethune-Cookman as our 4 seed is yet another gift, though. RPI at 202, 26-31 overall, and only got in due to winning the MEAC Tourney's auto bid.

Outside of a tough matchup against Texas Tech as our 2 seed, the rest of our Regional is pretty laughable. I know we lost to B-C early in the season, and they could very well beat us again, but if they beat us--we don't deserve to get out of the Regional anyway. If we're the good team we're supposed to be, and "poised for a postseason run", then they should demolish B-C, and set up a 2-game showdown against either Texas Tech/Columbia to earn the right to go see the Gheytors in McKethan (again).

If I remember right the game we lost against BCC was when Javi gave up 6 in the first inning.. We handled them easily later in the season with Beauprez on the hill..

Columbia has won like 40 in a row or something. And TT, well, they have a better athletic department than us by far, and are committed to winning.

This regional is no cakewalk, more like a setup!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back