Any news on VT's health for our game?

Advertisement
Yeah, they have some injuries among the defensive front. I think 2 to 3 starters. Hopefully that helps.

It also helps that we have Thursday night fire and we are the best Thursday night team in the history of the ACC.

Then again, Richt has never coached a Thursday or Friday night game, so How will we prepare for Tech on a short week?

Lordt.

Taint looking good, bruh.

2 of their DLine starters are listed as "questionable", hoping they're both out so that the O-line can play against second stringers which are more their speed...

Advertisement
We could use some help.

After a few weeks with a sparse injury report, the Hokies are pretty beat up heading into the Miami game on a short week, especially on the defensive line.
Two senior defensive line starters -- end Ken Ekanem (upper extremity) and tackle Nigel Williams (ankle) -- are listed as questionable on the Hokies' injury report. Running back Shai McKenzie is also questionable with an upper extremity injury.
A questionable designation gives a player a 50 percent likelihood of playing, although this report comes out a full two days before the teams take the field Thursday night.
Two redshirt freshmen, Trevon Hill and Tim Settle, are next on the depth chart for the Hokies behind Ekanem and Williams, respectively.
Ekanem and Williams have combined for 29 tackles, 7.5 tackles for a loss and 5 sacks this year.

We could use some help.

After a few weeks with a sparse injury report, the Hokies are pretty beat up heading into the Miami game on a short week, especially on the defensive line.
Two senior defensive line starters -- end Ken Ekanem (upper extremity) and tackle Nigel Williams (ankle) -- are listed as questionable on the Hokies' injury report. Running back Shai McKenzie is also questionable with an upper extremity injury.
A questionable designation gives a player a 50 percent likelihood of playing, although this report comes out a full two days before the teams take the field Thursday night.
Two redshirt freshmen, Trevon Hill and Tim Settle, are next on the depth chart for the Hokies behind Ekanem and Williams, respectively.
Ekanem and Williams have combined for 29 tackles, 7.5 tackles for a loss and 5 sacks this year.

Thanks, man. Ekanem is a very good pass rusher, so it would be great if he misses the game.

I missed the report on the radio this morning, i live in RVA so foxsports radio has a local guy in the AM that has Hokie writers on. The preview for the report was not good for them

We could use some help.

Thanks, man. Ekanem is a very good pass rusher, so it would be great if he misses the game.

Being in Richmond, I'm surrounded by Hokies. The most devout follower I know said that the 2 DL's are important and start on their right side. He said that the running back gets like 2 carries per game so he's irrelevant. FWIW.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back