Anticipate the numbers when they blitz

Roman Marciante

Sophomore
Premium
Lot to unpack and more technical savvy here. Should be my last one tonight in regards to the uf game. I really wanted to redo some of the ones from the uf game in order to launch this style of videos moving forward. Thank you for playing along. #obb #inSight #FTP

And not listed in the video was the fact that on first look the slip screen to Jeff Thomas looks open, however Jarren's view is impeded. This isn't a fault thing as much as it is that uf dialed a perfectly time blitz and it is this sort of chain of events that leads to an anatomy of a bad play.

The whole team in particular the protection components of it need to just store this blitz in its memory bank and realize if that protection scheme was to be used, having that style of HB play fake needs to be abandoned.

Advertisement
It takes communication from the QB to the center the rest of the oline and vice versa.

Last edited:
Lot to unpack and more technical savvy here. Should be my last one tonight in regards to the uf game. I really wanted to redo some of the ones from the uf game in order to launch this style of videos moving forward. Thank you for playing along. #obb #inSight #FTP

And not listed in the video was the fact that on first look the slip screen to Jeff Thomas looks open, however Jarren's view is impeded. This isn't a fault thing as much as it is that uf dialed a perfectly time blitz and it is this sort of chain of events that leads to an anatomy of a bad play.

The whole team in particular the protection components of it need to just store this blitz in its memory bank and realize if that protection scheme was to be used, having that style of HB play fake needs to be abandoned.

Roman these are really great. Thank you!

Advertisement
Roman, I was looking at how Boise decided to rush the qb the second half against FSU.
Do you feel we played it right to “contain” as some have said.
Or did we also leave a lot of plays on defense where we should’ve been more aggressive?

Roman, I was looking at how Boise decided to rush the qb the second half against FSU.
Or did we also leave a lot of plays on defense where we should’ve been more aggressive?

Vs uf the game plan was extremely solid. Held them to 52 and forced franks to be a passer. The big pass plays were missed tackles and a safety getting a little out of position. I'm not worried about this defense in terms of pass rush moving forward. They'll eat. Watched that film back again... they did a good job keeping franks one dimensional

Advertisement
So Florida still only sent 5. Surely the fault is on the Oline there.

Cat and mouse. They sent 5 but got Miami to set the protection leaving the vulnerability up the middle. 3 actually come in through the A gaps

Specifically said the protection ended up being wrong considering the hb couldn't fill middle. (Because of play fake)

You just got to assume sometimes what if they all come. How's my protection set up and will it work? Lot to process here but the numbers ended up working in uf's favor.

So Florida still only sent 5. Surely the fault is on the Oline there.

Gotta check out too. I’m not sure Williams was given carte blanche over the offense, but after UF showed their teeth the first couple of times, u gotta make the adjustment as an OC, at least. Those blitz should’ve been money for Brevin & JT

Advertisement

Excellent Posts RM

Florida also made a concerted effort to get the ball out quick.

Advertisement
Back