Anthony fotu

Advertisement
Is he a good JUCO DT? If so, no we don't have a shot at him.

Now, if he is a mediocre JUCO DT, or a super obese JUCO DT, we have a great shot at him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
But seriously 247 has him as a 3* rated lower than the 2 we got last year. Next year we will be fairly deep at DT, no studs, but decent. The real problem will be after that so we need a freshman or 2 that we can redshirt and have when they all leave.

But seriously 247 has him as a 3* rated lower than the 2 we got last year. Next year we will be fairly deep at DT, no studs, but decent. The real problem will be after that so we need a freshman or 2 that we can redshirt and have when they all leave.

I agree I prefer building depth long term by binging in high school kids.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Seems like every JUCO we land regardless of position turns into a JAG

Except for Gunter, yes, we suck at JUCOs.

Do you really think Gunter was all that good? I thought he was a horrible tackler and in pass coverage he was awful unless it was against a bigger type receiver, the shifty ones killed him. I think he could be a NFL safety based on size and he could probably cover a TE.. just needs to learn how to wrap up a tackle

Will Richard McIntosh play DT for us. I thought I saw at the beginning of the season that he was up to like 270.

Advertisement
Will Richard McIntosh play DT for us. I thought I saw at the beginning of the season that he was up to like 270.

yes he will slide in for us. they see him as a DT along with Fines. so in their eyes we have 2 Dt's but McIntosh is really a DE if you ask me.

Do you really think Gunter was all that good? I thought he was a horrible tackler and in pass coverage he was awful unless it was against a bigger type receiver, the shifty ones killed him. I think he could be a NFL safety based on size and he could probably cover a TE.. just needs to learn how to wrap up a tackle

Gunter improved a lot. i thought he was a JAG as well but he has proven he is a good player. not great but good.

Advertisement

Gunter improved a lot. i thought he was a JAG as well but he has proven he is a good player. not great but good.

I can agree with that. He never got penalized like Burns, wasnt lazy like Howard, and had more experience than Corn so im guessing that is why he played as much as he did.

Yes he is a future DT. I think they realized we are not capable of luring in a big time DT, so we will start recruiting mid level DE and converting them. Jelani Hamilton was a big time DE and struggled to adapt to the scheme and stayed hurt, well now he RS and is looking like hes about 300 lbs and on his way to being a DT. Whatever Hamilton is next year, I expect Mcintosh to be similar but never as good.

For Fotu we're only behind-Ole Miss-Miss State-TCU- Oakla-Washington-Arizona ,Arizona State and Maryland...Gonna go out on a limb here and say he ain't coming...

I agree I prefer building depth long term by binging in high school kids.

Go Canes

99% of DT recruits prefer to go to Alaska or Idaho than coming here. Thats how bad have been the last 5 years.

Advertisement
Back