CFB Another thread got me thinking.....

troyskiles

[]_[] Forever
I have been a Canes fan since 1982. I grew up just 15 miles outside South Bend, Indiana. (Walkerton, IN) I know, ******* Domer country. All my friends, were and still are, ND fans. I had to take a different route, as we Canes always seem to do, I steer right when they steered left and became a Canes fan. It certainly made things interesting as I was a freshmen at that time.
I had to resign to watching my Canes play on TV until I moved to South Carolina in 2005. I have since been to many games at UNC, VT, NCSt, Duke and finally got to my first Canes home game in 2017, Canes vs. Irish at Hard Rock. Wow, what a first Canes home game that was! Last year made my first trip to Trailerhasse. I took my now wife on a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale back in '93 or '94 and we stayed in Ft. Lauderdale for a few days at a condo and then cruised to the Bahamas for a week. During the few days in Lauderdale, I said "Honey, I have to go see the OB." So. we drove the hour and I walked into the place and the team was having a practice. I sat down for an hour and watched, my wife waiting in the car. She came in to pee as I was walking out and she got locked in. She was walking around to try and find someone to let her out and guess who she ran into to let her out, Coach Erikson. As I walked up to get her as he was letting her out, got to meet Coach. It was pretty cool. Heading down to HR this year for FSU game again.
I posted this to ask you fellas for something. I ended up going to Purdue and graduated in 1991. I would like to see any old pics you all have of campus life at UM when you were there. Particularly from the 80's and 90's but would love to see all. Pics of you with players from back then if you have them, pics of your dorms, parties, whatever.
I love my Canes and I think it would be really cool to see that stuff.

Thanks for reading and posting stuff, in advance. as always....C-A-N-E-S , Canes!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back