Another Name to Consider - Kevin Sumlin

canesbaby

Sophomore
Premium
I want to first clarify that I have absolutely no information about whether he would even be considered or interested in the University of Miami job. Just starting this thread for discussion purposes.

It feels like Sumlin's offense would kill it down here and that he would likely be able to recruit the area based on his past success.

Can he bring in the right defensive coordinator?

Would he consider leaving the SEC where there's tons of competition to move to the ACC where his path to the conference championship game and, ultimately, the college playoff could be much easier?

Does UM pony up the dollars to hire Sumlin away from TAMU if he's interested?

Advertisement
NO!

It's no way Sumlin would leave A&M for Miami.

SEC - Check
Fan Base - Check
Facilities - Check
Money - Check
Recruiting base - Check

I don't think name is necessary to debate because I believe our school is too lazy to consider prying someone at a program like TAMpon. I am not saying it couldn't be done, I just think our downer dipchits wouldn't even make the attempt.

Advertisement
I wish we had given him a longer look when we were evaluating randy

We would have a better chance luring Patterson away from TCU than Sumlin from A&M.

If we're prying, I would try to get him instead.

My only question about Patterson is whether he would be able to repeat his success away from Texas. He's been at TCU for a long time. Could he replicate it down here? That's why I was thinking a guy like Sumlin might be more attainable because he's been at a number of different programs over the past 10 years as opposed to Patterson who's been at TCU seemingly forever.

Advertisement
Do you notice how many coaches in Texas look great? Everyone except Strong and people want him too. Don't be blinded by the points. When was the last time anyone played any defense in that state? Easy to score when nobody tries to stop you.

GIVE ME BUTCH OR GIVE ME DEATH.

We would have a better chance luring Patterson away from TCU than Sumlin from A&M.

If we're prying, I would try to get him instead.

My only question about Patterson is whether he would be able to repeat his success away from Texas. He's been at TCU for a long time. Could he replicate it down here? That's why I was thinking a guy like Sumlin might be more attainable because he's been at a number of different programs over the past 10 years as opposed to Patterson who's been at TCU seemingly forever.

Why not? You think giving him access to more talent would decrease his level of success?

Advertisement
Do you notice how many coaches in Texas look great? Everyone except Strong and people want him too. Don't be blinded by the points. When was the last time anyone played any defense in that state? Easy to score when nobody tries to stop you.

A&M in the SEC

Advertisement
Back