Another factor about this defense that is underestimated

Ericrdreier

Freshman
Another big factor that I love about this aggressive style that some may over look is the reps in practice. Think of how much better this will make our offense. Kaaya is going to get used to having very limited time to throw the ball. So instead of getting used to having more time by practicing with D'no's defense he is going to be getting attacked in practice just like he would in a game. I think this will prepare our offense just as much as it will help and make our defense that much better. Very excited to see the product. Not to mention this will help our oline by practicing to stop a mean defensive line. So when it comes to game other defensive lines will look softer to them. Time to nut up or shut up Miami lets get to it. What are everyone's thoughts about this?

Advertisement
Another big factor that I love about this aggressive style that some may over look is the reps in practice. Think of how much better this will make our offense. Kaaya is going to get used to having very limited time to throw the ball. So instead of getting used to having more time by practicing with D'no's defense he is going to be getting attacked in practice just like he would in a game. I think this will prepare our offense just as much as it will help and make our defense that much better. Very excited to see the product. Not to mention this will help our oline by practicing to stop a mean defensive line. So when it comes to game other defensive lines will look softer to them. Time to nut up or shut up Miami lets get to it. What are everyone's thoughts about this?

Huge key I over looked.

Good point Eric! Hoping for a team that's ready for game-day (haven't seen that for 10 years).

Huge key I over looked.

They WANT you to overlook...but they played themselves

Advertisement

Has to be a positive for offense especially for OL and QB. There are as many positives about the changes as there were negatives about Golden and Dorito. We'll be an entirely different team!

i hope kayaa gets more mobile in and out of the pocket hopefully mat drills will help with that

Going back over the last 35 years ( Schelly , Johnson, Erickson, Davis, and Coker ) we hardly ever had a class ranked in the top 10..I remember under Davis we hit a top five one year and that was it until Randy got his number #1 ...The point is that the spring games were a gauge to expectations in the coming season...If the defense won, most got worried about the offense, but the reality was those were our best seasons..
O-line used to laugh at the opposition defense because they got plummled in practice against our Defense and were usually ready for anything....Statements by some of the O-line were it was like an easy practice against some of teams we played...Regards the practices, there were no water brakes which led to our dominance by the fourth quarter as we were used to the humidity....Jokes by linemen were the bags of ice they hid in shurbery to cool off while taking a quick bathroom brake....There was no dodge-ball inside because it was to hot for Al and Dono. Hoping to see Richt and the staff bring back some of the mentality that brought us so much success...

Advertisement

100% agree! This is something don't talk about much but I've always thought there was no way we can have an elite offense if the defense they play on Saturday is tougher than anything they've seen all week. All the mental expectations and clocks have to get a lot shorter instead of longer, which makes things easier. Even psychologically you end up tensing up instead of relaxing when you get the confidence that you can deal with whatever you will see that game.

I believe with a fast paced offense going against an agressive defense every day in practice should mentally prepare them for gameday. I want to see our offensive players line up and play without getting a **** flag every other play for stupid mental errors.

100% agree. Great post. The only spring game I remember where the offense went off was 1 where Dorsey had a great game. That was a big clue of what was to come from Kenny.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back