Another Bama-Miami Thread

clarkyboy_21

#patriayvida
I know it’s prob really general, but this game goes 1 of 3 ways imo: it’s a shootout and the winning team ends with anything from a 1-10 pt lead, Bama blows us out, or we blow them out. Obviously a lot of posters think we can hang with them if we come out aggressive and get the ball rolling on offense, and I agree. Of course Bama blowing us out wouldn’t surprise anyone from a national standpoint, even though we feel as a fanbase that we have the ability to keep it competitive. But what about us blowing them out?

Bama is Bama, they’re the greatest dynasty CFB’s known in the last decade and are coached by the GOAT. But they’re noticeably weaker. That offensive coaching staff and system is brand new. Bryce Young was an immense talent in high school, but this is his very first CFB start - and on this stage that’s a lot of pressure. They recruit talent everywhere, but that OL is filled with newbies who haven’t had many gametime reps as a unit, meaning their durability and communication skills are less advanced than say our OL. They have guys like Metchie and Billingsley who can be great at times, but our DBs aren’t lining up against the Devonta Smiths and Jerry Jeudys of the world.

Their defense is the real deal at all levels, but so is our offense imo. We’re led by a pre-season multi-award finalist and heisman hopeful in King, the most dynamic QB we’ve had in at least 15 years. Our OL isn’t on Bama’s talent level, but their number of combined starts along with high-level talent like Rivers, Vaughn, Scaife, and Nelson (who were either top 150 recruits in the nation or have built their resume up to the point where they are considered future top 10 picks) makes them a mature unit who can hold their own. Our RB room is one of the most dynamic and talented in the country. Our receivers have vastly improved from where they were a year ago and the sky is the limit for them. TEs are picking up where they left off as we all know Will can be great and Arroyo is coming in with elite talent and potential at the position. Not to mention our defensive staff has improved a lot with the addition of coaches and transfers like Simpson and T-Rob or TS and Deandre.

Moreover, as much as some may roll their eyes at this statement, this defense is being run by a man who has consistently coached top 25 defenses as the signal caller since he’s been here. Lets also not the forget the impact Shoop makes as an analyst, who I’m sure has offered great insight as a highly intelligent defensive mind from the SEC.

Tbh, I think this game just means more for our guys. Despite the talent and coaching disparities, people are underestimating that as a determining factor. Our players mention all the time how they’re looking forward to this game, how they’re ready for it and are confident, but it’s always with an intensity and eagerness we haven’t really seen from recent teams. This group is locked in and is ready to set the CFB world on fire imo. I can’t wait for this game, just the slight chance of toppling the Goliath of the sport is enough to make you giddy. Why not us?!?

LETS GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
What Better Place than here ?
What Better Time Than Now ?
3D5C2BA6-9E37-43A9-B957-ED07F7FB30C8.gif

Advertisement
Back