An attempt at a careful post re: Schiano

Fair points, but if I can play Devil's Advocate for a moment Mullen is supposedly notoriously hard to work with as well. As far as assistant money, I would hope that whoever gets the nod has the financial backing to go after whomever they want as coordinators. The fact that Mullen is back in the conversation leads me to believe that we have more money to go around this time (since that was supposedly one of his main turn-offs last time.)

Mullen would be a disaster at UM.

Advertisement
Have heard his wife hates it here and would rather be in NJ. That's why I was somewhat surprised he wanted an interview for this job. Don't think he'd be a big improvement over Golden even though the defense would be better.

He still lives in Tampa though...no way you hat emIami ..yet LIKE being in Tampa....

If golden fired donuts and decided to implement a true Miami defense = Greg schiano

As expected, the VAST majority of posters here (and elsewhere) do not want Greg Schiano here as HC. I happen to agree, mainly because I simply think there are better candidates on the board. That said, the level of venom levied against him begs the question - why does he warrant such Cristobal-ian vitriol? From the little I know, he's a great defensive mind, he built a crap college program from nothing and maintained it for a good number of years, and he has experience as an NFL head coach (albeit a failed one.)

Again, this is NOT an endorsement of Schiano as head coach and I'd like to keep the discussion open but focused if possible. Why is he so terrible a candidate?

Well said.

He's a failed NFL coach (eh, who cares?)

He built a crap program into a MEH program. This matters to me. I don't want him - no way, no how.

Advertisement
Why take a candidate that is equal or lesser to another who could excite the fanbase?
That said, he shot us down back when he was hot, he didn't need us then, we don't need him now

As expected, the VAST majority of posters here (and elsewhere) do not want Greg Schiano here as HC. I happen to agree, mainly because I simply think there are better candidates on the board. That said, the level of venom levied against him begs the question - why does he warrant such Cristobal-ian vitriol? From the little I know, he's a great defensive mind, he built a crap college program from nothing and maintained it for a good number of years, and he has experience as an NFL head coach (albeit a failed one.)

Again, this is NOT an endorsement of Schiano as head coach and I'd like to keep the discussion open but focused if possible. Why is he so terrible a candidate?

Personally I'm sick of conservative defensive coaches. He would make three in a row.

Our defense needs to be fixed, but I don't think it requires a defensive head coach to do so.

Advertisement
Back