2024 Amir Jackson 4* ATH/TE

Advertisement
Visiting April 3 & 4. If he's playing in a Wing T, likely looking at a shirt unless he's there to block

See @One9 summary here

Portal (Ga.) 2024 four-star ATH Amir Jackson was so impressed by his trip to Miami Tuesday that he wants to return to Coral Gables for an official visit this summer, Jackson told CaneSport.

Miami is the first school for Jackson, the No. 9 ATH in the 2024 class and No. 169 overall prospect in the On300, to announce an official visit to, beating out Georgia, Auburn, Florida and other programs for his first. The Hurricanes are high on his radar along with the three SEC programs, and he said he has a high level of interest in Miami. He is being recruited at tight end by tight ends coach Cody Woodiel.

“I’m gonna go ahead and say it: Miami’s going to get one (official visit),” Jackson said. “…(Miami made) a huge impression. Whether it was the coaches, the players, the practice — the energy in practice was great — it’s just something I look forward to when I’m (thinking about) somewhere I would go as a school.”

The Canes staff is talking to Jackson “about every other day,” and he has largely communicated with Woodiel, who also led him on his unofficial visit this week. The staff has wasted no time in establishing a relationship with the blue-chip prospect since he landed an offer in mid-March, although Georgia, Auburn and Florida have made similar recruiting efforts. Jackson said it’s hard to name a top school, but Miami is doing everything it can to develop a relationship.

“They keep in touch, make sure I’m good,” Jackson said. “They’re not just recruiting me because I’m me; they’re recruiting me because they want to get to know me and stuff like that.”

The Canes made an extensive effort Tuesday to show Jackson how they envision him fitting into their new offensive system under offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson, which Jackson was very open to. Jackson thinks his experience playing receiver at the high school level will help him transition to Dawson’s pass-friendly offense. Miami wanted to show him it believes he would be the perfect fit for their offense.

“They talked about how my athleticism can be a good fit for their school and stuff like that,” Jackson said. “They basically just said they can put me in a position not too many other schools can; they’ve got stuff that not too many other schools have. They reeled me in. It’s pretty good.”

But Jackson still has interest in Georgia, Florida and Auburn, and their staffs are contacting him “every day.” They send Jackson pictures and offer details on how to improve, which the four-star values heavily. He said his recruitment will largely come down to relationships, which each school is trying to build.
And what Miami developed well enough to land an official visit.

“Relationships, relationships on relationships,” Jackson said. “I don’t really care about the school, I just want to make sure they’ve got good relationships, good coaches, good culture and good attitude and stuff like that.”

He’s planning on visiting Florida, UAB, Troy and Alabama in the next week or so.

CaneSport’s Take
Miami has now landed official visits from two 2024 four-star tight ends: Jackson and Kylan Fox — which should offer great insight to which tight ends the Canes are in shape with after landing four-star Riley Williams and three-star Jackson Carver in the 2023 class. Miami has more than half a dozen tight ends on its board, but Fox and Jackson are now clear names to know in the 2024 class.

Advertisement
Close this TE cycle out with Odom & Jackson after Riley Williams and Carver and i'm looking at Woodiel & Field like Wade & Bron.

IMG_8220.jpg

Kids a nice basketball player. And a legit P5 football player. from a REALLY small town outside of Statesboro, GA (another small town in GA, lol), best known as the home of GA Southern University.

What's the OV date and why is Gaby expecting his rating to change today?

Advertisement
What's the OV date and why is Gaby expecting his rating to change today?

There are a few more Miami is chasing, like Portal (Ga.) tight end Amir Jackson, who should find his way into the Top247 by Monday afternoon, and Orem (Utah) four-star Roger Saleapaga, a prospect tight ends coach Cody Woodiel is out west to see here on Monday.

Jackson has an official visit locked in with the Hurricanes later on with a fall decision expected. That’s locked in for Miami’s home game against Texas A&M on September 9.

With UGA getting Colton from Gibbons that may have pushed us up for this kid. Dare i say we likely lead for him.

The te class may be whom ever jumps in the boat the quickest because we got options.

I like this guy as being a similar talent to Chris Herndon. @DMoney @k9cane
I am losing track of TEs that we're recruiting. Any idea what our TE board is like in order? TIA

I am losing track of TEs that we're recruiting. Any idea what our TE board is like in order? TIA
Have no clue..would have to guess this is te1

Would have to think these guys are grouped with committable offers.

Advertisement
Have no clue..would have to guess this is te1

Would have to think these guys are grouped with committable offers.

Do we want more of a complete TE here? Felt like Mikeska was that and Carver could be that. Odom and Lofton would be good talent but I think only one pass catcher is best and Odom is the guy, unless the staff sees him as an all out WR.

Don’t forget Riley Williams
I thought one of the knocks on him was that he wasnty really the full package like Arroyo? Still a top tier prospect as a pass catching TE that with some coaching has the size to maybe become a blocker as well.

Advertisement
Also, I've reorganized the TE board OP with current priorities in a table format. @Udynasty also answers questions about his prioritization in this thread

With UGA getting Colton from Gibbons that may have pushed us up for this kid. Dare i say we likely lead for him.

The te class may be whom ever jumps in the boat the quickest because we got options.

I like this guy as being a similar talent to Chris Herndon. @DMoney @k9cane
Everywhere I’ve read has had the Gators pegged as the leaders for him, not UGA

Advertisement
Back