American Heritage HC Pat Surtain Discusses State Championship, 2022 Class, And T-Rob Hire

View as article
Advertisement
Everyone is talking about Surtain decision to go to Bama. Justifying it by saying Bama produces and develops better players for the next level.
Now you look at the numbers the difference isn't much. And considering they get lots of 5 stars I would say, is less about their development ability and more about the players they get.
But continue to mope that's all you know to do, no critical thinking abilities.
The only one moping here is you. You seem really upset by what others post, and generally confused.

If you don’t understand why top kids might rationally pick Alabama over UM these days, you’re either not smart or very biased.

Telling us UM had one kid at CB go top 2 rounds since 2015 was a ridiculous retort, in any case. So did plenty of other teams, as I noted. None of those teams played in 5 of the past 6 title games. That’s Alabama. None put the overall number of top picks into the league in that time as Alabama has. UM sure hasn’t been competitive at that level or put kids into the league at that level over that period of time.

The only one moping here is you. You seem really upset by what others post, and generally confused.

If you don’t understand why top kids might rationally pick Alabama over UM these days, you’re either not smart or very biased.

Telling us UM had one kid at CB go top 2 rounds since 2015 was a ridiculous retort, in any case. So did plenty of other teams, as I noted. None of those teams played in 5 of the past 6 title games. That’s Alabama. None put the overall number of top picks into the league in that time as Alabama has. UM sure hasn’t been competitive at that level or put kids into the league at that level over that period of time.

You keep repeating that Im mad, look I dont get mad at opinions on a message board by strangers.

But facts are facts, don't say CBs should go to Bama cause they develop better CBs to the next level. When with all their 5 stars recruiting they have put only two more than us in the top two rounds of the last five drafts.
Competing for titles is something else altogether.
That's not the point I'm debating.

Go ahead and look, from 2012 to 2017 Bama recruited 8 CBs that were either 5 stars or 4.
We recruited 2, so where's all the so called Bama development.

Last edited:
You keep repeating that Im mad, look I dont get mad at opinions on a message board by strangers.

But
facts are facts, don't say CBs should go to Bama cause they develop better CBs to the next level. When with all their 5 stars recruiting they have put only two more than us in the top two rounds of the last five drafts.

Go ahead and look, from 2012 to 2017 Bama recruited 8 CBs that were either 5 stars or 4.
Dude you sound like a cartoon character. You don’t mind other opinions ... as long as you agree with them I guess. Your words. It’s funny, but kinda weird.

Do you even have a point other than moping about what other people post? You think kids picking Bama are crazy?

Dude you sound like a cartoon character. You don’t mind other opinions ... as long as you agree with them I guess. Your words. It’s funny, but kinda weird.

Do you even have a point other than moping about what other people post? You think kids picking Bama are crazy?

I established my point, you are the one following me around disagreeing with my opinion without countering my argument.
First find a post where I said kids picking bama are crazy.
Second bring something else to the debate other than, you are moping, crazy, you are mad.
Stay with the points I'm making and disprove them.
If you can't do that then just ignore me cause calling names over a board is easy and I can easily do that as well.

Advertisement
I established my point, you are the one following me around disagreeing with my opinion without countering my argument.
First find a post where I said kids picking bama are crazy.
Second bring something else to the debate other than, you are moping, crazy, you are mad.
Stay with the points I'm making and disprove them.
If you can't do that then just ignore me cause calling names over a board is easy and I can easily do that as well.
Your first post in this thread called unnamed people ‘dik suckers.’

I asked you a question in response (no name calling) and you replied with ‘Learn to read dumb ***’

Now you’re whining that I’m are calling you names? Okay.

Your first post in this thread called unnamed people ‘dik suckers.’

I asked you a question in response (no name calling) and you replied with ‘Learn to read dumb ***’

Now you’re whining that I’m are calling you names? Okay.
Once again you ignore the points, just like you did on the other thread about DEs.
Yes I said dik sucking cause that's what's going on when you ignore facts.
With all the five stars and four stars Bama gets they only had three CBs drafted in the first two rounds.
That's a fact you can't refute so you rather ignore it and keep on with your moping.

I'm not whining about anything you call me, that doesn't affect me one bit.
Im just pointing out that you can't debate the facts so you rather ignore them and keep on with your moping.
We are talking about CBs, not about national titles.
So the fact Bama won three or played in six has nothing to do with my point.
Surtain went to Bama cause they prepare you better for the next level, that's what I'm debating.
With the numbers of five and four stars they get every year, doesn't seem like they do a great job like many are saying.

ROFL, alot of y'all in here want to continue to be clowns, surtain said what he said about coach rumph because he knows 1st hand that coach rumph is a top notch coach. The ones in here who know football would know out the gate that when they brought in coach rumph, coach diaz did to coach rumph basically the same way he did jess simpson, most teams have one secondary coach, diaz wanted to bring in his guy banda, which already challenged secondary synchronization from a philosophical stand-point that naturally brought on limited control for coach rumph and banda had more say-so with diaz because he knew the defense. Add in the fact it was coach richt who was the one that brought in coach rumph and rightfully, giving a True Cane a coaching opportunity at UM after having proved, like the Great Miami coaches before him, how to be a dominant highschool head football coach, and his impact was felt immediately his first year with the corners, but was even more vital the next year.

But the clowns in here still don't understand and are still mad at coach rumph because those 2db's chose to go elsewhere, in the mean time, all coach rumph and banda we're doing was coaching up the #1 secondary in the nation, many in here looked past that. In the meantime, in their misguided disdain for coach rumph, the ULTIMATE failure the clowns don't realize is simple. 2 secondary guys that played under and we're coached by rumph at the highschool became "5 star* recruits, all of a sudden y'all now are saying coach rumph a of a sudden couldn't coach this is why surtain didn't send his boy here is one of the DUMBEST things y'all have come up with yet.

Thankfully surtain sr. is not a shallow thinker like most on this board, the real Truth and why his son was crying on signing day was because he wanted to come to UM, him and campbell, they luv coach rumph, but what many in here who keep volunteering to be morons failel to realize is surtain sr. wasnt worried about coach rumph who had already proven his worth him, surtain like many who know football down here didn't trust a fired manny diaz scheme, being giving another major opportunity at UM, but prior to UM, can anyone of the coach rumph bashers name any prominent db's that have ever come out of manny diaz coached defense.

Also, I like blake baker the person, but he was definitely a weaker d-co than diaz, but to go back to that UNC game, was it really all blake baker's fault. I'll give coach diaz credit for the way he handled the baker situation by not out-right firing him up front, that would have made him the ULTIMATE hypocrite, it's not hard to figure out:

On September 7, 2013, the Longhorns' defense, under Diaz, gave up a school record 550 yards rushing to Brigham Young University, including 257 to quarterback Taysom Hill. The following day, Mack Brown described the defensive performance as "unacceptable" and relieved Diaz of his duties as defensive coordinator.[5]

Advertisement
ROFL, alot of y'all in here want to continue to be clowns, surtain said what he said about coach rumph because he knows 1st hand that coach rumph is a top notch coach. The ones in here who know football would know out the gate that when they brought in coach rumph, coach diaz did to coach rumph basically the same way he did jess simpson, most teams have one secondary coach, diaz wanted to bring in his guy banda, which already challenged secondary synchronization from a philosophical stand-point that naturally brought on limited control for coach rumph and banda had more say-so with diaz because he knew the defense. Add in the fact it was coach richt who was the one that brought in coach rumph and rightfully, giving a True Cane a coaching opportunity at UM after having proved, like the Great Miami coaches before him, how to be a dominant highschool head football coach, and his impact was felt immediately his first year with the corners, but was even more vital the next year.

But the clowns in here still don't understand and are still mad at coach rumph because those 2db's chose to go elsewhere, in the mean time, all coach rumph and banda we're doing was coaching up the #1 secondary in the nation, many in here looked past that. In the meantime, in their misguided disdain for coach rumph, the ULTIMATE failure the clowns don't realize is simple. 2 secondary guys that played under and we're coached by rumph at the highschool became "5 star* recruits, all of a sudden y'all now are saying coach rumph a of a sudden couldn't coach this is why surtain didn't send his boy here is one of the DUMBEST things y'all have come up with yet.

Thankfully surtain sr. is not a shallow thinker like most on this board, the real Truth and why his son was crying on signing day was because he wanted to come to UM, him and campbell, they luv coach rumph, but what many in here who keep volunteering to be morons failel to realize is surtain sr. wasnt worried about coach rumph who had already proven his worth him, surtain like many who know football down here didn't trust a fired manny diaz scheme, being giving another major opportunity at UM, but prior to UM, can anyone of the coach rumph bashers name any prominent db's that have ever come out of manny diaz coached defense.

Also, I like blake baker the person, but he was definitely a weaker d-co than diaz, but to go back to that UNC game, was it really all blake baker's fault. I'll give coach diaz credit for the way he handled the baker situation by not out-right firing him up front, that would have made him the ULTIMATE hypocrite, it's not hard to figure out:

On September 7, 2013, the Longhorns' defense, under Diaz, gave up a school record 550 yards rushing to Brigham Young University, including 257 to quarterback Taysom Hill. The following day, Mack Brown described the defensive performance as "unacceptable" and relieved Diaz of his duties as defensive coordinator.[5]

Bottom line, highschool coaches and some players parents understood the scheme up until he got to Miami had not produced secondary players nor linebackers except maybe one. So you clowns can continue to try and twist seniors words, but the facts are clear. In comes t-rob, who unlike coach rumph, now has total control over the entire secondary, plus he's been a d-co and secondary coach at the college level, so he'll be speaking up on a lot of issues with the secondary philosophical difference compared to what he know works and they will listen more which is also why coach diaz brought in shoop to help synchronize the philosphies.

Remember coach diaz brought in banda and split the duties with a heavy lean towards banda, than he brought in coach stroud while jess simpson was still here, but simpson said F-thst and dipped out. Now he's back under different terms, so the defense is definitely going to under go some changes but staying aggressive is the overall philosophy still.

“My boy, Mike Rumph .....

Attachments

• 1612121776954.gif
    1612121776954.gif
    433.5 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement

But facts are facts, don't say CBs should go to Bama cause they develop better CBs to the next level. When with all their 5 stars recruiting they have put only two more than us in the top two rounds of the last five drafts.

Case closed Puertoricane!

Advertisement
Back