JUCO 2023 Amaury Wiggins JUCO IOL/C from Coffeyville, KS Becomes a Hog

Advertisement
That Connor Lew flip to Auburn late in the cycle probably had more of an impact than we thought. Most people brushed it off and said next, but with Jakai portaling, our C depth in non-existent right now.

How do these two compare as prospects?

What about the ‘23 center from Baltimore area? Believe he’s hurt, but what’s the eval?

Advertisement
That Connor Lew flip to Auburn late in the cycle probably had more of an impact than we thought. Most people brushed it off and said next, but with Jakai portaling, our C depth in non-existent right now.

He’s older and will be more physically ready. I actually like his film a lot. I also like Illinois has offered. That staff evaluates well.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Went to the Auburn site to check on Conner Lew. Looks like you’re right about his loss.

Hugh Freeze went out of his way to praise Connor’s performance in the spring. Playing at OG and Center, Connor consistently ran with the 2s and occasionally with then1s. Freeze was clear: Connor will play as a freshman. Just needs to add weight now (he’s at 280) and get experience.

Looks like we lost out on a high potential guy.

Went to the Auburn site to check on Conner Lew. Looks like you’re right about his loss.

Hugh Freeze went out of his way to praise Connor’s performance in the spring. Playing at OG and Center, Connor consistently ran with the 2s and occasionally with then1s. Freeze was clear: Connor will play as a freshman. Just needs to add weight now (he’s at 280) and get experience.

Miami’s staff evaluated Lew as the top center in the country. Obviously that’s just on centers they evaluated, but it tells you what they thought of him.

This. If my memory serves me, we pursued Lee after Lew flipped. Now that might have been the plan all along but I think the plan mentioned on here was to have Clark and Lew to battle it with the expectation Lew would win the job sooner than later.

Advertisement
Love this film! Kid has great feet, strong hands, quick off the ball, can get to the 2nd level, and got that “nasty” in him.

Advertisement

Not exactly what I wanted to hear but what I feared would be the case.

Miami’s staff evaluated Lew as the top center in the country. Obviously that’s just on centers they evaluated, but it tells you what they thought of him.
Looks like they're eval was on target, just couldn't keep him in the fold.

This. If my memory serves me, we pursued Lee after Lew flipped. Now that might have been the plan all along but I think the plan mentioned on here was to have Clark and Lew to battle it with the expectation Lew would win the job sooner than later.
Pretty sure they would've recruited Lee to anchor the line this year and then Lew and maybe Tripp/Clark to battle it out the year after. Lew wouldn't have been ready to be a 1st teamer this year.

Anyways, no point crying about spilled milk. He wanted to be a War Eagle and not a Cane so unless or until he hits the portal, he's not relevant to us anymore.

Advertisement
Back