Amari Carter’s shoulder “tackle”?

Blustar

Recruit
Ok, I mostly lurk, but this play really got to me. So, early in the game, Howell, for whatever reason figured out that we are very susceptible to his QB draw. He’s killing us with this play. I’m basically screaming at the TV to put a spy on him every **** play

They finally start doing that in the second half with some success. Amari, to me, looks like he’s spying him that play. He gets off his block and looks like he’s going to save the day, but puts the weakest *** effort I’ve ever seen to tackle another person.

I’m, like whatever fine, he doesn’t want to get hurt, but I’m like, I better not see him in the game for the rest of the game. I looked for him the next series, and I didn’t see him. But he was back on the field the next defensive series. I turned off the TV. **** it.

There’s no way that MF is playing one more down, especially in that game, for me. It’s like a baseball player not running to first (when he hits the ball) or a soccer player jogging back and ruining our offside trap and costing us a goal. You earned a spot on the bench for this game and you will need to earn my trust again somehow, but it isn’t going to be easy.

This is the reason we suck, no culture, no accountability, ******* disheartening. I would’ve put ******* Borrgeales back there and if there was no one left, I would’ve played with ten men. ***** him, I still can’t get over that play. I don’t see how the rest of the team doesn’t tar and feather his *** off the team.

Advertisement
I don’t see how the rest of the team doesn’t tar and feather his *** off the team.
I agree with this.

I played for Coach Simpson in high school at the beginning of his career when we were beating the brakes off any team that played us. There was a culture of doing things right and truth be told, the players were more scared of other players calling their asses out than even the coaches. Real "Remember the Titans" type ****. Guys calling each other out in practice, making us run more routes or do more tackling drills "until we get it right!"

You can see with this team and this program that there's none of that. Zero accountability. Everyone just goes through the motions.

Knowing that's the culture we had in high school, I wonder what Simpson thinks of all this, lol.

I agree with this.

I played for Coach Simpson in high school at the beginning of his career when we were beating the brakes off any team that played us. There was a culture of doing things right and truth be told, the players were more scared of other players calling their asses out than even the coaches. Real "Remember the Titans" type ****. Guys calling each other out in practice, making us run more routes or do more tackling drills "until we get it right!"

You can see with this team and this program that there's none of that. Zero accountability. Everyone just goes through the motions.

Knowing that's the culture we had in high school, I wonder what Simpson thinks of all this, lol.
Simpson is probably disgusted. Then again, I don't know how any professional can work under this guy and not want to beat his ***. I've worked for bosses that I didn't respect, let's just say I didn't last long.

Ok, I mostly lurk, but this play really got to me. So, early in the game, Howell, for whatever reason figured out that we are very susceptible to his QB draw. He’s killing us with this play. I’m basically screaming at the TV to put a spy on him every **** play

They finally start doing that in the second half with some success. Amari, to me, looks like he’s spying him that play. He gets off his block and looks like he’s going to save the day, but puts the weakest *** effort I’ve ever seen to tackle another person.

I’m, like whatever fine, he doesn’t want to get hurt, but I’m like, I better not see him in the game for the rest of the game. I looked for him the next series, and I didn’t see him. But he was back on the field the next defensive series. I turned off the TV. **** it.

There’s no way that MF is playing one more down, especially in that game, for me. It’s like a baseball player not running to first (when he hits the ball) or a soccer player jogging back and ruining our offside trap and costing us a goal. You earned a spot on the bench for this game and you will need to earn my trust again somehow, but it isn’t going to be easy.

This is the reason we suck, no culture, no accountability, ******* disheartening. I would’ve put ******* Borrgeales back there and if there was no one left, I would’ve played with ten men. ***** him, I still can’t get over that play. I don’t see how the rest of the team doesn’t tar and feather his *** off the team.
The irony is that he's supposed to be one of the hardest hitters on the team lol. To me he's on in the same with Bolden, Hall, and Ivey. Cough is alright and Keontra and Gil seem to do fine.

I agree, but maybe since every other "tackle" from Carter is a targeting call he simply doesn't know what to do anymore. Maybe this new tackling technique, of not head hunting for a -15 yard penalty, is overwhelming the system.

Advertisement

Ummmm, did u watch the game? Why not call out all the other players who used their shoulders while missing tackles.

Simpson is probably disgusted. Then again, I don't know how any professional can work under this guy and not want to beat his ***. I've worked for bosses that I didn't respect, let's just say I didn't last long.

Simpson decided to come back and work for him

Advertisement
I agree with this.

His *** keeps trotting out Mccloud over Elijah Roberts and other beast so i dont care what he thinks about this sh*t.

****** Jordan Miller getting more reps than Leonard Taylor.

Advertisement

He wasn't the only one with weak shoulder tackle efforts i seen flagg and james williams do the same thing there coukd be others but these are s couple i can recall

Yeah, I remember the earlier shoulder tackles, but Amari is a **** senior. Go for the head of the snake. This ****’s got to stop.

Amari knows better, that **** was weak as ****. I know a lot of you guys coach or coached at least at HS or maybe higher. You know, you can’t let effort like that slide, especially from a leader of the team. You have to start somewhere.

I don’t condone and have never resorted to corporal punishment with my kids, but if I had done that in a game, the asswhooping I would’v received ( from my pops) would’ve been legendary.

There are so many obvious ways to instill fear and severe consequences into the system, i.e. playing time, depth chart, and if those don’t work, removal from the team. Whatever it takes!

These players know they can get away with almost anything and still play and even start the next MF game.

Maybe I missed it, but when I see Alabama vs LSU or whoever, I don’t see this kind of **** on a daily ******* basis. I’m sure if you do that **** in a game at Alabama, it might be hard to get on the field again, maybe you never get another chance. Here at Miami, you’re in line for a promotion.

His *** keeps trotting out Mccloud over Elijah Roberts and other beast so i dont care what he thinks about this sh*t.

****** Jordan Miller getting more reps than Leonard Taylor.
Jon ford is always in the game.

Advertisement
One of the players was asked in a post game interview and he related the Coaches don't teach that...so I don't get it.

Advertisement
Back