2025 Alvin "A Train" Henderson 4* RB from Elba, AL

Advertisement
I'm puzzled by this. He was offered previously by Mario. Why offer again unless its because there's a new RB coach?

We were originally offer #9 January of last year

and the reoffer today

Advertisement
Probably.... but they **** sure ain't coming, if you don't recruit em.
Naw this is different than Riley. Elba is country country. Saban is GOD in those small parts unless their families are die hard Auburn fans. It will be similar to Emmanuel Henderson from Geneva County who went to Bama as a RB and this year made the switch to WR. In those back woods SEC football is GOATED and that notoriety from the community during school and away will win out. I guess you can continue to try to recruit him. My approach I would allocate resources elsewhere

Advertisement
Naw this is different than Riley. Elba is country country. Saban is GOD in those small parts unless their families are die hard Auburn fans. It will be similar to Emmanuel Henderson from Geneva County who went to Bama as a RB and this year made the switch to WR. In those back woods SEC football is GOATED and that notoriety from the community during school and away will win out. I guess you can continue to try to recruit him. My approach I would allocate resources elsewhere
No argument from me. I totally understand what you're saying.... but as a college coach, If you think that there's a young man out there somewhere, that can help your program be more successful, you recruit him. Because you just never know. Fortunately, Mario ain't dumb enough to only offer one RB. Recruit them all, and see what happens.

No argument from me. I totally understand what you're saying.... but as a college coach, If you think that there's a young man out there somewhere, that can help your program be more successful, you recruit him. Because you just never know. Fortunately, Mario ain't dumb enough to only offer one RB. Recruit them all, and see what happens.
Ive actually seen the kids play since Im relatively close to the area. Bout an hour away. His competition is trash as **** but he is a man amongst boys. Looks like reggie bush compared to them little boys. The big question will be how does he look against power 5 competition. Everybody says that he is a hard worker but how quickly will he process the actual game of football and position of RB. Not just eat off athleticism. But has all the intangibles imo

Ive actually seen the kids play since Im relatively close to the area. Bout an hour away. His competition is trash as **** but he is a man amongst boys. Looks like reggie bush compared to them little boys. The big question will be how does he look against power 5 competition. Everybody says that he is a hard worker but how quickly will he process the actual game of football and position of RB. Not just eat off athleticism. But has all the intangibles imo
Yea, he looks really good. Good vision, and I like the breakaway speed. Seems to have a good feel for the game. Of course, with their scheme, his blockers are blowing gaping holes through the defenses, so some of the runs look easy as ****. But he's a good prospect.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If his speed translate and he can break arm tackles he will be fine. If not someone got a bust on their hands. But if those schools are after him you go all out you never know if a kid falls in love with the city life.

If his speed translate and he can break arm tackles he will be fine. If not someone got a bust on their hands. But if those schools are after him you go all out you never know if a kid falls in love with the city life.
Im not sure he can break the tackles. He is slight right now. Needs some college weight room. He def has some good speed. Saban pulled a recent kid from the area with similar skillset just smaller in size and he was moved to wr. Was a 4 or 5 star rb and now he in his 2nd year and hasnt touched the field much. Staff should def neg recruit and use that with the kid

This kid's scooting out there...

Sometimes I think he cuts back out of boredom just so he can outrun everyone int he other direction.

Advertisement
Back