Al's contract situation vs previous coaches

canefanforlife1

Sophomore
in september of 2005, larry coker got a five year contract extension and in november of 2006, larry coker was fired

in may of 2010, randy shannon got a four year contract extension and in november of 2010, randy shannon was fired

Just because he is under contract for several more years does not mean we wont fire him, If things dont change soon I think Blake will have to fire him, be forced to fire him, or be unemployed himself.

Advertisement
For anyone that is restless and wondering why he is still there now, just look at the Michigan situation. It is a given that Hoke is going to be gone at the end of the year, yet the AD and everyone else has not publicly said anything to point to that. Just because Blake has not publicly said anything to indicate Golden is going to be gone does not mean a single thing. With how similar to Shannon's career this has been, I really don't see Golden staying at all. I just can't see it.

I'm hoping all that's true... but Shalala screwed the pooch 8 ways to Sunday with the length of Golden's extension. Gun to the head, or not, I'm still utterly mystified why their non-disclosure was parlayed into something just this side of extortion-- other than sheer incompetence on her part and a complete snow-job by Golden and his attorney.

Maybe b/c she's on her way out she wont give a **** and will do what needs to be done, rather than worry about the PR aspects of it and how stupid she'll look for having to fire his *** after being the one who so foolishly extended the **********.

Shalala was disappointed and embarrassed at Goldens responses during the Penn State fiasco. If she has the ego we all think she does I can see her wanting to can his *** before the next president comes in. I really hope her mindset isn't to leave it up to the next guy in charge and not to bare the one to be the burden of the buyout.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Insanity.jpg

Why wait until the end of the season?

Why let the recruiting class go to ****?

Why make these kids suffer through another lost season in their careers?

Why not make the move now while you can still mitigate many of the negatives of a coaching change during the off season?

Look at what USC did. Look how well they are performing now under severe scholarship duress. Why can't our admin do the same?

Contract schmontract. Who gives a fvck?

We're talking about kids that pledged their bodies and souls to play for this university and the powers that be are hanging them out to dry.

I honestly don't know how they can sleep at night.

I really hope her mindset isn't to leave it up to the next guy in charge and not to be the one to be the burden of the buyout.

I believe this is the direction she will and the BOT will take....let the knew guy make the decision on the AD and football coach....now could that new person be "in place" before her actual retirement date???

Why wait until the end of the season?

Why let the recruiting class go to ****?

Why make these kids suffer through another lost season in their careers?

Why not make the move now while you can still mitigate many of the negatives of a coaching change during the off season?

Look at what USC did. Look how well they are performing now under severe scholarship duress. Why can't our admin do the same?

Contract schmontract. Who gives a fvck?

We're talking about kids that pledged their bodies and souls to play for this university and the powers that be are hanging them out to dry.

I honestly don't know how they can sleep at night.

The problem is hiring the replacement during the season. If we want another HC, mid-season is tough time to hire. IF we want one or OUR three guys sitting around doing nothing -- Chud, Gregg or Butch, then mid-season is perfect. This week is perfect. Off week for new coach to infuse some fire and make some change. Any of the three would not only save the recruiting classes but make probably make them better. Can you see any kid turning down Butch with his list of NFL 1st rounders? My choice since summer has been Chud with Butch as DC. Coley could stay but who would care with Chud as HC. Kaaya would be Heisman candidate next year with Chud as HC. Are players deserve better coaching period. I love these kids.

Advertisement
Fire Al and Coach D today. Coley is interm HC. Put the search on now so the new HC hits the recruiting trail the day the season ends and not in mid late January.

Fire Al and Coach D today. Coley is interm HC. Put the search on now so the new HC hits the recruiting trail the day the season ends and not in mid late January.

As long as Coley hits the bricks as soon as we hire the successor

I'm hoping all that's true... but Shalala screwed the pooch 8 ways to Sunday with the length of Golden's extension. Gun to the head, or not, I'm still utterly mystified why their non-disclosure was parlayed into something just this side of extortion-- other than sheer incompetence on her part and a complete snow-job by Golden and his attorney.

Maybe b/c she's on her way out she wont give a **** and will do what needs to be done, rather than worry about the PR aspects of it and how stupid she'll look for having to fire his *** after being the one who so foolishly extended the ****sucker.

Somebody negged me for saying that the buyout isn't an issue

Advertisement
Back