All this talk about realignment

Canething

Junior
And the super conferences can't possibly be good for the game. Let's not even focus on that at the moment, but rather who's trying to f*** the ACC ? The threat right now seems real with the SEC and the BIG 12 trying to raid the conference.

In my opinion if any of the football schools leave the ACC, Miami will have to start to look elsewhere, unless of course Notre Dame joins the ACC , then all bets are off. At that point the ACC would solidify it's self as one of the super conferences.

If Notre Dame chooses to go elsewhere or remain independent, the only hope for the ACC is that all schools stick it out together. You then add rutgers, and perhaps even go after Penn State, you secure larger tv markets

.All the current schools in the ACC have a strong say when it come to the king, the tv ratings!. If you think the east coast market will be left out in the cold, think again. Too many eyeballs in our DMA to worry about being left out.

In either case my hope is that the ACC stays together and can solidify the conference with two other teams. I would also hope that there's a plan in place at the U in case the ACC falls apart.

Advertisement
Well of course its not good for football. So far college football has lost BYU-Utah, Pitt-West Virginia, Missouri-Kansas, Colorado-Nebraska, and possibly Texas-Texas A&M. If FSU does bolt for the Big XII, we'd lose Miami-FSU as well.

Realignment in the early 90s also cost us Nebraska-Oklahoma and Arkansas-Texas.

This super conference crap sucks.

I have my doubts that it will work. My guess is, maybe 15-20 years from now, teams that were used to winning and are now relegated to being mid-level teams in their new conferences will probably get sick of it and start looking to bolt back to smaller 8-10 team conferences. Sure, the money will be great, but all these killed rivalries and trying to force new ones I think will eventually take it's toll.

But I know one thing, I'd rather be in the club making money, than stuck on the outside watching other teams get filthy rich.

I have my doubts that it will work. My guess is, maybe 15-20 years from now, teams that were used to winning and are now relegated to being mid-level teams in their new conferences will probably get sick of it and start looking to bolt back to smaller 8-10 team conferences. Sure, the money will be great, but all these killed rivalries and trying to force new ones I think will eventually take it's toll.

But I know one thing, I'd rather be in the club making money, than stuck on the outside watching other teams get filthy rich.

If FSU and Clemson go to the Big XII, FSU plays a team from South Carolina, a team from West Virginia, and a bunch of teams from Texas & Oklahoma. Yippee.

Advertisement
If this conference wasn't run by basketball-first idiots, Penn State would have been here long ago. That's one of the main reasons the Big East and the ACC are in the position they are now. Had Miami, FSU, and Penn State gotten together in the early 90's when it was there for the taking, we might not be here talking about any of this now.

Hit or be hit, the ACC needs to make a move now, or a chance being left out. On a side note, not sure we can afford that cool $20 mil exit fee.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back