ALL things Jekiri (Tonye Jekiri)

1CN

Sophomore
TJBall.jpg

BIO***
http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205651511

Advertisement
Can somebody please provide TJ's stats so far this year. I would think all of his numbers are up from last year.

He's averaging 7.5 pts, 11.3 reb, and just over 2 blocks a game through the first 6 games. Only shooting 46% from the field though which is bound to go up. I really like his competency in the passing game as well.

Advertisement
And you need to stop making videos. But, in all seriousness (no, **** it, I was being serious), I'm excited to watch Tonye play alongside Ivan.

Much improved from his frosh year which isn't a surprise. 46% is not horrible but could be better. The teams success in ACC play and postseason might hinge on how good Uceda Cruz is. We need another low post player who can score and defend.

Jekiri learning to just stand and put his hands up on defense and avoid leaving his feet really helps this team defense. To have someone in the middle who consistently alters shots and is this long really helps make up for our lack of height. In years past, he would foul in these situations but now has learned not to. This keeps him in the game which we need since we lack height and provides an anchor for this defense. Great development by the coaching staff.

Advertisement
Jekiri learning to just stand and put his hands up on defense and avoid leaving his feet really helps this team defense. To have someone in the middle who consistently alters shots and is this long really helps make up for our lack of height. In years past, he would foul in these situations but now has learned not to. This keeps him in the game which we need since we lack height and provides an anchor for this defense. Great development by the coaching staff.
This absolutely! I kept screaming in excitement about this last night. I'm just worried once we get into conf play that teams will just keep going at him and we know what will happen with refs and duke and UNC when they drive drive drive, it's foul foul foul

Advertisement
Back