All-ACC Teams

ALLoverCANE

Recruit
http://theacc.com/news/2019/5/20/untitled-story.aspx

Happy for the guys that made it, but seems like there were some snubs. I'm not a conspiracy theorist- I'm not suggesting that this is some anti-Miami bias. They're probably just good old-fashioned snubs, like all teams in all sports experience.

But Toral hits 21 bombs and doesn't even make 3rd team???

Veliz is nowhere to be seen, but that's probably a function of there only being 3 RP slots.

Given how young we were, I also would've figured we'd have more than 1 guy on the freshman team. Lala was really great this year. Maybe they're old fashioned and value average over OBP, though, which would hurt him.

Advertisement
Toral only hit .248 in league play, would assume that lazy voters might have disqualified based on that.

Idk Del Castillo hit .254 and was 2nd team. There are definitely some guys on those teams who struggled in conference games. Just in ACC games, Toral was tied for 1st in HR and in the top-10 in slugging %. Seems ridiculous for him to not at least be 3rd team.

Lala not on the freshman team is pretty strange. He's one of the best leadoff guys in the ACC already: 4th in walks, 8th in OBP, 2nd in steals.

Just how it goes for Miami in this conference, regardless of sport.

Idk Del Castillo hit .254 and was 2nd team. There are definitely some guys on those teams who struggled in conference games. Just in ACC games, Toral was tied for 1st in HR and in the top-10 in slugging %. Seems ridiculous for him to not at least be 3rd team.

Lala not on the freshman team is pretty strange. He's one of the best leadoff guys in the ACC already: 4th in walks, 8th in OBP, 2nd in steals.

Who else was in the pool for the DH/UTILITY spot, and was his comp tougher than Toral's? Honest question, but I would guess that if there were 4 or 5 first basemen in contention, that could have been the factor that dropped Toral.

How was JC Flowers the 1st team RP? He only threw 21 IP the whole year.

Flowers: 0-0, 1.66 ERA, 21.2 IP, 20 K, 11 SV
Veliz: 2-1, 2.35 ERA, 38.1 IP, 62 K, 9 SV

Not really getting how Flowers is the best in the ACC but Veliz wasnt even 3rd team

Advertisement
Who else was in the pool for the DH/UTILITY spot, and was his comp tougher than Toral's? Honest question, but I would guess that if there were 4 or 5 first basemen in contention, that could have been the factor that dropped Toral.

I would rank the ACC 1B:

1. English (GT)
2. Edwards (NC St)
3. Toral
4. Wyatt (Louisville)

It's definitely close between 2-4. However, they could have made Toral the 3rd team DH. He seems to have had a better year the Guldberg from GT, who hit for a high average but had zero HR.

Truth right there.

Advertisement
The bias versus us within this conference is mind boggling.
I honestly dislike this conference due to the antiMiami crap and its in all sports not just football.
Can we start a New conference with some other schools that are ****ed off?

Advertisement
Back