Alex Adams (WR) / Dontavious Turner (ATH), South Pike (MS)

BoxingRobes

Junior
I've made a few posts about these players. In the wake of Mark Pope potentially getting the heck out of town...Alex Adams is your replacement. Roughly the same size and he ab-so-lute-lee-flies. High 3* composite, 247 gives him a 4* grade. South Pike is a Class 4 program in Mississippi. He's not playing against scrubs out there.

A quote from Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game

3. Alex Adams, WR, South Pike Adams is very much a straightline downfield threat at wide receiver because of his size and long gate. He showed the ability to eat up cushion as a vertical route-runner and really natural body control when the ball is in the air to win the ball.

The top-ranked WR in the state by 247 Sports, Adams earned Class 4A all-state honors by the MAC. He caught 34 passes for 859 yards (25.3 average) with 10 touchdowns.

Schools like Kentucky, Auburn, and Ole Miss are in the mix and looking around.

He's also a good kid with a lot of motivation...here is a little human interest story on him.

---

Dontavious Turner is his teammate...the QB in all of the highlights...he's not a QB at the next level, even he knows that. He probably projects best as a slot WR. Was playing WR during All-Star season.

Looking like a Group of 5 player...Arkie State, Southern Miss type offers. I think he's a little better than that. Not a traditional Miami type of player, but he's a rock solid 3* player.

With that said, I'd take Alex Adams all day. Speed is this man's trump card.

Advertisement
Advertisement
After doing some twitter stalking, I'm making an assumption that this kid has academic issues. He was at one time committed to Mississippi St. and claimed offers from several SEC schools and even FSU. Then he decommitted and started tweeting that he got offers from several community colleges like Pearl River. Either way I hope we at least give him a look.

After doing some twitter stalking, I'm making an assumption that this kid has academic issues. He was at one time committed to Mississippi St. and claimed offers from several SEC schools and even FSU. Then he decommitted and started tweeting that he got offers from several community colleges like Pearl River. Either way I hope we at least give him a look.
Sign and place candidate.

Sign and place candidate.

Those days are done my friend. With the NCAA rules if you sign a non qualifier you lose that roster spot for 4 yrs to that specific student. So your essentially giving up 2yrs while hoping that kid resigns with you to fulfill the last 2yrs of the roster spot. An no athlete is worth handicapping your practice squad and possibly future on field depth.

IE. Miami's situation with 2020 DT Willie Moise who is bordering on being s non-qualifier so UM is having him wait to sign until February to see if can qualify. If not then hard choices will need to be made. But things look hopeful Willie Moise.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Those days are done my friend. With the NCAA rules if you sign a non qualifier you lose that roster spot for 4 yrs to that specific student. So your essentially giving up 2yrs while hoping that kid resigns with you to fulfill the last 2yrs of the roster spot. An no athlete is worth handicapping your practice squad and possibly future on field depth.

IE. Miami's situation with 2020 DT Willie Moise who is bordering on being s non-qualifier so UM is having him wait to sign until February to see if can qualify. If not then hard choices will need to be made. But things look hopeful Willie Moise.

Go Canes
Appreciate the info.

So your saying the young man is headed to Scuba and will need a few pencils (uuuuhhh weee Miss Brittany could get it, she looks like a lot of southern fun).

Go Canes

My dude Alex Adams signed with the fvckin CHAMPS, man. Signed with LSU today.

My dawg Dontavious signed with Southern Miss.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back