Al Leiter Jr

BP Joe

Recruit
Not sure what the Cubs saw in him or why he was brought up so quickly. His FB is BP speed and his secondary pitches are equally unimpressive IMO.

Advertisement
That’s Mark Leiter Jr. Al’s nephew.

Jack his son is at AA with the Rangers. Struggling a bit with command. They apparently have tried to tweak something’s. He will prob be up late next year.

Jack his son is at AA with the Rangers. Struggling a bit with command. They apparently have tried to tweak something’s. He will prob be up late next year.
Oh, my bad. I didn't think he would have been called up that quickly, but thought he was a Jr. Lots of Leiter pitching genes, apparently.

Oh, my bad. I didn't think he would have been called up that quickly, but thought he was a Jr. Lots of Leiter pitching genes, apparently.
He’s been in the bigs for a little while now. Very inconsistent and gives you 6 with 1 earned, or can’t get out of the 3rd. Very hard to get a real read on him.

The one knock on Jack at Vandy was his control, but he could get away with it at the college level. He is struggling in Double A.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back