Al Golden Camps

Hstokes1447

Junior
These camps are really paying off in a major way. We have received a commitment at every camp this year. Golden has put a well thought out plan in place to rebuild this program and he is doing an amazing job.

Camp Commitments
Mike Smith LB
Juwon Young LB
Courtel Jenkins DT
Darrell Langham WR
Chauncey Gardner ATH (2016)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mike Smith was going to be recruited and commit regardless of the camps.

It's not so much about finding unknown kids at the camps. It's about the face time these kids get with the coaches.

These camps do several things
1. Creates a buzz for the program (When these kids commit at camps other kids take notice and talk about it)
2. Strengthen the relationships between the staff and the local coaches
3. Allow the staff to evaluate young kids and get on them early
4. Allow the staff to spend valuable time with high priority recruits

I agree for the most part. I'm just saying, I don't think the AG camps have anything to do with the Smith commitment outside of him being there when he did it.

After yesterday's camp & today's camp, do you REALLY think they help the program? Sarcasm off.

Advertisement
I agree for the most part. I'm just saying, I don't think the AG camps have anything to do with the Smith commitment outside of him being there when he did it.

You don't think them putting him through LB drills and likely gaining confidence that he can transition to that position led to them putting more pressure on him, thus leading to the commitment? An offer with little to no follow through recruitment is essentially not an offer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He gets it man. They have had an organized strategic approach to recruiting since they got here and its paid off. Everything is not perfect, some kids have gotten out of SFLA but we have had a million things working against us. From a pure talent accumulation standpoint, he is assembling top tier ACC talent in the cloud of an unprecedented 3 year investigation, 2 bowl bans, and a decade of irrelevance. I have my doubts about this or that but the state of our recruiting is not one of them. I love the guys we are bringing and and won't whine about the ones that didn't come because......not everybody is gonna come.

We're finally getting ours and then some, and they seem to be pretty conciously restocking the shelves so we don't have guys like Jimmy Gaines and Kelvin Cain routinely starting games as true freshman like Randy because he didn't understand to recruit ahead 4-5 years.

He gets it man. They have had an organized strategic approach to recruiting since they got here and its paid off. Everything is not perfect, some kids have gotten out of SFLA but we have had a million things working against us. From a pure talent accumulation standpoint, he is assembling top tier ACC talent in the cloud of an unprecedented 3 year investigation, 2 bowl bans, and a decade of irrelevance. I have my doubts about this or that but the state of our recruiting is not one of them. I love the guys we are bringing and and won't whine about the ones that didn't come because......not everybody is gonna come.

We're finally getting ours and then some, and they seem to be pretty conciously restocking the shelves so we don't have guys like Jimmy Gaines and Kelvin Cain routinely starting games as true freshman like Randy because he didn't understand to recruit ahead 4-5 years.

well said

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back