AGs Clock Managememt

TheU1984

All ACC
I'll leave the x's and o's for another thread as there will be plenty. But his clock management in our final drive was amazing.I was getting frustrated and nervous that he was letting it get under a minute when we were only around the 40. I thought he was settling for overtime. Obviously he had a plan. Say what you want about the game tonight ...but our leader is as cool as the other side of the pillow.

Advertisement
Nah, I knew when he let the lock go, he was playing the 4 downs he had so we don't leave too much clock for UNC if we score the FG. Good thing we got the TD anyways.

We are always I brilliant position. Always have out three timeouts, always running the clock perfectly. Shannon management no way we win this one

We are always I brilliant position. Always have out three timeouts, always running the clock perfectly. Shannon management no way we win this one

We quit at halftime with Shannon so his time management skills wouldn't of even come up. In the tie we trust

Advertisement
393.jpg

Advertisement
Yup, I said in the game thread it was risky playing for the long FG, but it worked out perfectly. Saved the timeouts and used them at the right time.

I'm with you, my anxiety was rising and when the clock ran below a minute I was begging for a TO before UNC ended up calling it. We ended up not only bypassing the conservative route and playing for a fg but we punched it in for a TD with time to spare! Great final drive to overcome a poor effort throughout from the offense.

I dont think there was anything risky or any need of ice water for blood. We were already in FG range, so he had options. If we don't get in TD range, we run the clock and go for the tie. At that point, UNC would have called a timeout for us if they planned to go down field, but with the lead they had an no risk of losing on a field goal, no way UNC will call that time out and risk some kind of int or something.

If we get in TD range, even better, because now we want less clock and we could only achieve that by letting it run earlier (which as we all know is what happened).

Advertisement
He's a great clock manager for sure.
I'm convinced we hold onto timeouts because part of our strategy is to wear you down UTOUGH style.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back