After visiting this weekend, 4-star RB has Miami in top 2

View as article
Kid ran track only in 9th grade and posted 200m 22.31. The HS national elite for the distance is 22..00 very close. As a comparison speedy Daquris Wiggins also posted a 22.31 but as an 11th grader
Cesare Mellusi ...200m--22.31--Apr 16, 2016....FHSAA 3A District 12

DaqurisWiggins......22.31...April 19 2017 FHSAA 4A District Championships

Last edited:
Advertisement
The staff wouldn't have taken Crowley's commitment if he wasn't a take. None of us know what our RB board rankings are but the good news is that we can't miss on RB this cycle. 2019 Florida RB depth is insane especially if you include Mark Anthony Richards.
Just like They wouldn't have taken Diamante Howards commtment if he wasn't a take? Or Brieon Fuller?

Sometimes people are a take until they aren't. And Crowley becomes not a take the moment Sanders and Cain say they both want to be Canes. However that has about a 0% chance of happening. **** we're probably going to be lucky to even get 1 of them. Thats why Crowley is a take right now.

But If Sanders, Cain, Richards, and McIntosh all want in, then Crowley has no chance imo.

I disagree on Crowley. sorry. I think he's a take and keep all day long.
1. How many RB do you think we should sign?
2. Can you rank Sanders, Cain, McIntosh, Richards, Crowley, Carter, and Wright?

The question isn't is he good enough to be a Cane. Its is he good enough to be a Cane in this RB class when we only have 2 scholarships available for pure RBs (I say pure because Richards is an athlete)

Advertisement
1. How many RB do you think we should sign?
2. Can you rank Sanders, Cain, McIntosh, Richards, Crowley, Carter, and Wright?

The question isn't is he good enough to be a Cane. Its is he good enough to be a Cane in this RB class when we only have 2 scholarships available for pure RBs (I say pure because Richards is an athlete)
for discussion sake, lets leave Richards and McIntosh off the list because like you said, they are athletes and can play multiple positions. In that case I'd rank our RB targets as the following.
1. Saunders
2. Cain
3. Wright
4. Crowley
5. Carter
6. Mellusi

Dream scenario is you get both Richards and McIntosh as Athletes and get Saunders and any one of the other guys on the list. That would be an ELITE haul.

for discussion sake, lets leave Richards and McIntosh off the list because like you said, they are athletes and can play multiple positions. In that case I'd rank our RB targets as the following.
1. Saunders
2. Cain
3. Wright
4. Crowley
5. Carter
6. Mellusi

Dream scenario is you get both Richards and McIntosh as Athletes and get Saunders and any one of the other guys on the list. That would be an ELITE haul.
Actually I'd say McIntosh is more likely to play RB than any other position. Richards though yeah I'd agree.

But thats my point about Crowley. If we get those top 2 you list and Richards and McIntosh, Crowley has no chance. This is a much deeper RB class than the previous 2 seasons. And Sanders and Cain are like rated #1 and #2 in the nation. Crowley is definitely a Miami caliber RB, but that doesn't mean he's a definite take. Its entirely dependent on what the guys above him do.

Take them all. Cream rises to the top. Losers switch positions or transfer out.

Advertisement
Just like They wouldn't have taken Diamante Howards commtment if he wasn't a take? Or Brieon Fuller?

Sometimes people are a take until they aren't. And Crowley becomes not a take the moment Sanders and Cain say they both want to be Canes. However that has about a 0% chance of happening. **** we're probably going to be lucky to even get 1 of them. Thats why Crowley is a take right now.

But If Sanders, Cain, Richards, and McIntosh all want in, then Crowley has no chance imo.

Crowley is a better prospect AT RB then Richards is...And he's in Mcintosh category for sure. If you'd like Mcintosh better obv wouldn't fault you, but Crowley is the goods.

If crowley sanders mcintosh richards and this kid want in what do we do.

I would take mcintosh and richards as ATH and crowley sanders and this kid as running backs.

Not saying it will happen but its a pleasant thought.
Imagine that 3 headed monster of Crowley,Sanders, and Mellusi or Noah Cain! That would be greedy but one can dream gottdammit! Lol

I disagree on Crowley. sorry. I think he's a take and keep all day long.

The fact of the matter is, IF Crowley was a 5* or a very high 4* recruit NONE of this talk would be happening.. Ppl on here don't think taking Crowley is a smart choice (but so many coach's on this site is funny) especially with all the top RBs that's on the radar!! Too many ppl here like to look at stars and use that to say IF a recruit is worthy or not, BUT our coach's make their evaluations and make their decisions.. Crowley is definitely a take, the kid is the real deal..

IF Crowley moves up in the rankings tomorrow, every Crowley doubter will change their mind!!

Advertisement
Imagine that 3 headed monster of Crowley,Sanders, and Mellusi or Noah Cain! That would be greedy but one can dream gottdammit! Lol

Homer could definitely have another solid season (maybe even one better than a year ago) and he could turn into a very wanted NFL prospect!! Then all of sudden Miami could have more run for more signees at the RB spot..

Take both!! Both recruits have potential to play either offense or defense at the next level..
thats dependent on who else we can get.
look if we somehow got Sanders, Cain, Mcintosh and Richards on board, Crowley and all the other rbs we are recruiting would get kicked to the curb. this isnt complicated. its got about a zero hance of happening, but its just an example to show sometimes Miami caliber guys cant be takes depending on the situation

Advertisement
The fact of the matter is, IF Crowley was a 5* or a very high 4* recruit NONE of this talk would be happening.. Ppl on here don't think taking Crowley is a smart choice (but so many coach's on this site is funny) especially with all the top RBs that's on the radar!! Too many ppl here like to look at stars and use that to say IF a recruit is worthy or not, BUT our coach's make their evaluations and make their decisions.. Crowley is definitely a take, the kid is the real deal..

IF Crowley moves up in the rankings tomorrow, every Crowley doubter will change their mind!!

This, as soon as the QB from Connecticut moved up in ranking a bunch of posters started to cry about him not being offered.

Great player and sounds like a great kid. When you see an honest and candidate response in recruiting you have to appreciate that nowadays, unfortunately.

Richards should be tried out at corner. A kid that’s size and speed has to see that he is going to get plaid big time to match up with larger WR’s coming out.

Advertisement
Back