After the Storm: Louisville

View as article
We aren’t teaching our linebackers much of anything. I’ve never seen a team whose linebackers just seem no where to be found on so many plays. It’s been like this for the Diaz era. McCloud had a decent game on the plays he did make, but too many plays the linebackers are no where near the ball
We haven’t taught them anything since Michael Barrows left! He recruited Shaq, McCloud and Pinckney but never got the opportunity to coach them! He also coached our last linebacker to go high in the draft, Denzell Perryman!

Advertisement
Baker gets a C for the 2nd half? That's quite magnanimous of you!
Baker aced the first semester, but failed the 2nd for a C.

Overall grade for the game was a C.
The A for the first half may have been generous (given their yardage totals) but we held them o-fer on third downs and 6 points for the half.
I don't think any other team this year will do that well against them for a half.

Baker aced the first semester, but failed the 2nd for a C.

Overall grade for the game was a C.
The A for the first half may have been generous (given their yardage totals) but we held them o-fer on third downs and 6 points for the half.
I don't think any other team this year will do that well against them for a half.
Actually the first half was a perfect example of what Baker is trying to achieve with his blitz happy bend don't break scheme so I can certainly understand giving the A. The 2 FG attempts for 6 total points and the 0-6 on third downs were worthy of the A regardless of the yardage totals since Bakers scheme isn't about keeping down yardage totals(At least not the first priority). So as much as I may not like the scheme I can't penalize him for it.

Advertisement
Back