After the Storm: Louisville

View as article
Advertisement
Louisville has a very nice Offense. Was impressed with their weapons and how Satterfield utilizes them. Enos should take note.

That said, I thought our Defense played well overall. There was no way we were going to hold them to a low score. We definitely let up in the 4th Quarter though and gave up some big plays that should not have been allowed.

Despite how uneven this season has been its hard not to be excited after this game. This was an easy letdown spot - Miami was 1-5 against the spread after FSU's games in the past 6 years and we flat out dominated.

This will always be a season of "what ifs" but we may actually be on the right track.

the only question I have on the coaching is late clock management, and substitutions . We are up 52 - 21 in the 4th, and we are running plays with 12 and 14 seconds left on the clock. **** on a 4th down, we ran our punt team out with and punted with 26 seconds on the clock. Also couldn't understand why DJ was still running the ball in the 4th, give Burns the carries

Let’s not forget that Louisville does have a good offense. They’ve been putting up yards on most teams this year. Someone put a stat on how we were doing thru 3 quarters and we were doing really well against them; but yeah, we let up in the fourth quarter.

Big gripe for me was Patchan’s stupid late hit penalty in the 4th...that was awful!!!!

Great write up man!!

Let’s Go Canes!!!
Still don’t know why pat Han is getting snaps. He is so undisciplined. Atrocious

Advertisement
The final stats were very close for both teams. So you have to give the defense better than a D, or the score would have been as close as the stats. C+ is the least I’d give.

I think we’re overreacting on the defense. This game was over and it wasn’t in question. First time all the weight wasn’t on them

the catastrophic plays given up by D are a huge problem...a consistent let down year after year.

ditto catastrophic failures on O (although none vs Louisville).

Miami will never sniff ACCCD title, let alone ACCCG W without eliminating these.

Watch Bama's mistakes over past 2 years vs previous 5-7; case study of declining program (like Canes after 2001) if Saban can't get stability in coaches and re-focused players.

Advertisement
Back