2025 Adonyss Currie, CB - Quartz Hill HS (Lancaster, CA) offered + visiting

Advertisement

1_Irqbz57ypBnuGTuqmbkBXw.jpeg.jpg

Screenshot_20240402_205455_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240402_205700_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240402_205732_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240402_205812_Firefox.jpg

Of the 5/6 projected 1st rounders, the slowest time any one of them ran was 4.5 flat...

It just goes to show you why it's important to recruit Speed at this position. Slow Corners don't get drafted high & the reason why they don't, is because they have a hard time covering down the field.

#SpeedMatters

View attachment 285947View attachment 285948View attachment 285949View attachment 285950
Of the 5/6 projected 1st rounders, the slowest time any one of them ran was 4.5 flat...

It just goes to show you why it's important to recruit Speed at this position. Slow Corners don't get drafted high & the reason why they don't, is because they have a hard time covering down the field.

#SpeedMatters
I almost always think pure 40 time is pretty overrated, as I prefer speed score because it tells their athleticism better... but for corner, pure 40 time is really important. Probably the only position where I really think pure 40 matters. It's a legit cutoff imo. That's why Kamari Lassiter posting a 4.64 was a big wtf. And he's a smaller cb. Even though he did great in the agility drills, running a sub 4.55 40 as a CB is a big concern. I assume he's the one you were talking about that ran slower than the 4.5... Like if you're running sub 4.55, you better have great length (arm length too, not just height), strength, and quickness.

Advertisement
I almost always think pure 40 time is pretty overrated, as I prefer speed score because it tells their athleticism better... but for corner, pure 40 time is really important. Probably the only position where I really think pure 40 matters. It's a legit cutoff imo. That's why Kamari Lassiter posting a 4.64 was a big wtf. And he's a smaller cb. Even though he did great in the agility drills, running a sub 4.55 40 as a CB is a big concern. I assume he's the one you were talking about that ran slower than the 4.5... Like if you're running sub 4.55, you better have great length (arm length too, not just height), strength, and quickness.
Terrion Arnold was who I was referring too.

He ran a 4.5 flat, which isn't a bad time for him. But for Lassiter, that 4.64 likely dropped him to the 2nd round.

40 time (& Speed in general) matter for CB's more than any other position in Football. All the best Corners in the league are fast and the it's the same for College. If you run down the top 10 CB's in both College & the NFL, to a man, they pretty much all have 4.4 speed. Jaylon Johnson might be the "slowest" one of the bunch, but he's also a 4.5 flat guy.

It's pretty rare to have a slow Corner be dominant in any medium. Even Richard Sherman was 4.53 in the prime of his career.

There are fast Corners who aren't actually good at coverage, but **** near every good CB is also fast.

Advertisement
Back