Adonys Henriquez commits to

Advertisement
Man, this could be a "where are they now" type of ending for this kid... Personally, I would rather take my chances playing for my hometown school and play in America's best conference in the ACC... But hey, I guess he felt that UCF was his best opportunity to get early playing time. More power to him.

I have Donnie Jones (UCF Head Coach) daughter in my class and one of my buddies is a walk on for UCF. The guy is a good coach and is recruiting lights out right now. UCF just put in the new black court so I am sure that is a great sell along with the better conference. Yes I know Louisville will be with us soon but they did take a step up.

Advertisement
They have a picked up some local studs in 2015 class that i was hoping we could get so there recruiting is hot right now

UCF's recruiting is really on the upswing (the cynic in me questions the legitimacy of it, but with the program still on probation from their last recruiting scandal, I'd hope it was on the up and up). Some of it IS that they have a talented coach with great Florida ties (longtime Donovan assistant at UF), but some of it is also just a confluence of events with talented players in Orlando who wanted to stay home and play together - Owens, the top 50 PF in 2015, is the only one who had offers from any of the other major Florida schools at this point, as well as significant out of state offers.

I have Donnie Jones (UCF Head Coach) daughter in my class and one of my buddies is a walk on for UCF. The guy is a good coach and is recruiting lights out right now. UCF just put in the new black court so I am sure that is a great sell along with the better conference. Yes I know Louisville will be with us soon but they did take a step up.

What better conference is UCF playing in?

This kid committed to UM after he watched us curb stomp UCF up there last year. Personally not too upset over the loss. He's more of a facilitator than a scorer, and we have plenty of PGs lined up

Advertisement

UCF moved to the American Athletic Conference, which is led (this year) by Louisville, but will still feature Memphis, UConn, Cincinnati, and Temple in the future.

And that conference is better than which conference exactly?

Conference-USA, which hasn't been more than a 2-bid league since 2005, and was a one-bid league about half of that time. When Cincinnati and Louisville left for the Big East, that league was seriously damaged, especially since some of the second tier programs like UAB fell off around the same time.

UCF moved to the American Athletic Conference, which is led (this year) by Louisville, but will still feature Memphis, UConn, Cincinnati, and Temple in the future.

And that conference is better than which conference exactly?

Conference-USA, which hasn't been more than a 2-bid league since 2005, and was a one-bid league about half of that time. When Cincinnati and Louisville left for the Big East, that league was seriously damaged, especially since some of the second tier programs like UAB fell off around the same time.

So, a ****** conference.

Advertisement
UCF isn't as bad as a team as people think. That being said, I'll stand by what I've said in the past, the one person I really trust in recruiting and knows everything, from day 1 said he didn't think Henriquez is good and doesn't understand why he is ranked so high.

Advertisement
Back