adjustments/opening it up, where and when????

frostycane

Junior
Looking back at both games so far, it feels like we played them more like scrimmages. Mixing a lot of guys, giving many guys the chance to show out. Sitting a guy like Ahmmon, when we all know if it was FSU he would have played.

I know last year at a point we did definitely open it up and really mix coverages, and change up the play calling. We also settled in on certain players and slowed down with the revolving door of switching guys around. I sure hope we settle in and start making adjustments sooner this year. I felt like they waited way too long last year. Do you think it will happen this week or do you think we see more of Charles Perry and Mike Smith? I feel like those dudes had more PT than Pink and Shaq.

I think we will need a much better overall performance this weekend. We have had a few moments of playing to, or below, our competition. We need to step it up and start to play four quarters of solid football. When we do we are very good. I would be interested to see how many of these scoring drives are happening with our starters on the field. Maybe I am overthinking it.....

Advertisement
A few moments of playing below our competition? Lol, I get the rule here is you have to positive spin everything so you don't hurt recruiting, but don't be Baghdad Bob about it.

Advertisement
Back