Acc

Reshon52ap

Sophomore
With all the fuss about the final play & now the regs being suspended im beginning to worry that they actually might give duke the win, is that possible?

Advertisement
With all the fuss about the final play & now the regs being suspended im beginning to worry that they actually might give duke the win, is that possible?

No. I have never heard of a college football game or professional football game ever overturned because of a questionable call. As many have pointed out; we should be SIX, possibly SEVEN time national champions if that were true.

****, the Snow Plow game stood even though it was clearly an unfair competitive advantage.

They didn't comment on any of the PI calls or the touchdown play where it appeared that Sirk did not cross the plane. Ultimately miami won and deserved the win

Advertisement
Nah...wasn't there a play years ago where Colorado got 5 downs and scored to win the game...

From Wiki:
The Fifth Down Game was a college football game that included a play that the crew officiating the game permitted to occur in error. That play enabled the Colorado Buffaloes to defeat the Missouri Tigers by scoring a touchdown on the last play of their game on October 6, 1990. The ensuing controversy cast doubt on Colorado's claim to Division I-A's 1990 national championship, which it shares with the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. It has been called one of the top memorable moments

That is tube you can't put back in the toothpaste. There would be calls for it every week.

They didn't comment on any of the PI calls or the touchdown play where it appeared that Sirk did not cross the plane. Ultimately miami won and deserved the win

No they didn't....and don't expect them to either. You know they aren't coming out against one of the original members of the conference.

Advertisement
Ha. Who cares. I wish they'd actually try this. We can always call for a 3rd party to investigate every call made throughout the game. Also, every call going back 15 years. We can trade last night's win for the 2002 championship. Count me in.

From Wiki:
The Fifth Down Game was a college football game that included a play that the crew officiating the game permitted to occur in error. That play enabled the Colorado Buffaloes to defeat the Missouri Tigers by scoring a touchdown on the last play of their game on October 6, 1990. The ensuing controversy cast doubt on Colorado's claim to Division I-A's 1990 national championship, which it shares with the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. It has been called one of the top memorable moments

UM was involved in a game against Tulane in 1972 in which the Canes were given a 5th down very late in the 4th quarter. UM scored a TD on a 32 yd. pass from Ed Carney to Witt Beckman and won 24-21.

Advertisement
Back