ACC Upgrades Covid Testing Protocols

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore
Very pleased to see the ACC increase its Covid-19 testing requirements to 3 times per week. Any athlete testing postiive will also be tested for heart conditions that may have resulted from virus infection (myocarditis).

This is great news for the safety of our student athletes!!!!

Let's play ball!!!

Advertisement
Major League GIF by memecandy

Advertisement
Great news for ACC play.
What about UAB? Does ACC mandate non conference opponents get tested the day before the game as well?

My 18 year old daughter was in the ER for COVID for severe breathing problems and was also diagnozed with an inflamed heart and heart vessels. We were shocked by the news. This is important for the students.
I hope she makes a fast and complete recovery. Know she’s in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.

praying for her recovery, man
Thank you. We had an EKG and an echocardio of her heart and it appears to have normalized. The MDs, however, told us that we know very little about the long term impacts of those that have been infected. My wife had a fever for 3 days and aches but nothing else. I did not have a fever but was extremely tired and always wanted to stay in bed. I felt like Tyson kicked my entire body but nothing else. My daughter was an athlete and in top physical shape but she got the worst of it. Does not make sense that the oldest person, I am 64, had minimial impact but the 18 yer daughter, an athlete, had the worst impact in the family. That is why it is important for UM athletes to also be tested for heart conditions as well.

Advertisement
Thank you. We had an EKG and an echocardio of her heart and it appears to have normalized. The MDs, however, told us that we know very little about the long term impacts of those that have been infected. My wife had a fever for 3 days and aches but nothing else. I did not have a fever but was extremely tired and always wanted to stay in bed. I felt like Tyson kicked my entire body but nothing else. My daughter was an athlete and in top physical shape but she got the worst of it. Does not make sense that the oldest person, I am 64, had minimial impact but the 18 yer daughter, an athlete, had the worst impact in the family. That is why it is important for UM athletes to also be tested for heart conditions as well.
Thanks for the update. Makes no sense, hopeful that all of you make a total recovery.

Whatever Happened To The 3 Miami Players Who Tested Positive A few Weeks Ago - Are The " Sick " From The Covid 19 - Were They " Sick " From The Covid - What Happened With Them ???

Advertisement
Back