ACC has improved coaching immensely in one week

MiamiJoe

Sophomore
Richt to Miami, Fuente to VT, Babers to Syracuse and Mendenhall to Va have made it a tougher conference overall.

Advertisement
Wow I was enamored with US that I didn't even realize the massive upgrade

Advertisement
I am a BBB but we now have the best HC in coastal and probably the conference even with everyone else upgrading. ACC has ton of money now. If Miami can get to playoffs, the next TV deal gets bigger, much bigger. Now let's spend on staff and get a real deal DC who will give us back Miami DNA defense.

Yeah the coaching in the ACC Coastal just got real....everybody pretty much have a top notch coach now. Babers going to have Syracuse looking like Briles and em.

Advertisement
I have been calling for this conference to step it's game up for a while now. Richt, Fuente, Babers and Mendenhall add instant credibility to the ACC coaching ranks. Now if GT can replace Johnson soon. This conference will be a knockout in the near future.

Let's slow down on Justin Fuente. Frank Beamer was a legendary coach, it remains to be seen what Fuente can do consistently at a higher level. Mendenhall and Richt are clearly better than their predecessors, and improve the perception of the conference.

Let's slow down on Justin Fuente. Frank Beamer was a legendary coach, it remains to be seen what Fuente can do consistently at a higher level. Mendenhall and Richt are clearly better than their predecessors, and improve the perception of the conference.

I look for VT to become a powerhouse in two years when Fuente gets his type of player on board...

I look for VT to become a powerhouse in two years when Fuente gets his type of player on board...

They may. Fuente's beaten 2 big 5 teams as a head coach, and they were both this year (Kansas and Ole Miss). It will not be easy to get VT back to where they were prior to the 2012 season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back