A telling stat

Miami04

Senior
45, 54, 65

Our offense has gone away big time. We need some time off to rest and find our groove. The hustle is gone. The 3's are gone. The effort is gone.

We will be ok. We know we had to lose at some point but I really hope we didn't hit our hot streak too soon.

Advertisement
I think you can see a lot of what is wrong with our offense by watching durand scott in the second half. The found a groove and were coming back but then he started to force things and got a little impatient and wild. Hopefully they will figure it out.

our 3 point shooting has been atrocious. I don't know if its mental or we have some fatigued legs impacting the jumpers but hopefully we get it fixed

I think you can see a lot of what is wrong with our offense by watching durand scott in the second half. The found a groove and were coming back but then he started to force things and got a little impatient and wild. Hopefully they will figure it out.

he has been driving me nuts. flys in and just throws ups random garbage.

our 3 point shooting has been atrocious. I don't know if its mental or we have some fatigued legs impacting the jumpers but hopefully we get it fixed

Brown's shooting form is of greatest concern to me. When he's going straight up and in rhythm, he looks like he's exploding and gets great lift, but during this entire season he's either fading back or just not getting the burst you'd expect. He's been a big detriment in most of the games, except for the occasional outburst which is more and more rare with him.

Advertisement
The biggest concern is Larkin not knowing what to do when the bigs come out on the ball screens. Coach L needs to figure something out, because for 4 straight games, the opponent has taken it away, and we haven't adjusted.

The biggest concern is Larkin not knowing what to do when the bigs come out on the ball screens. Coach L needs to figure something out, because for 4 straight games, the opponent has taken it away, and we haven't adjusted.

Yup. He tried to split the defenders a couple of times against UVA but got shut down today. Why didnt we run more isolation and penetrate?

These stats are ridiculous:

FG Made-Attempted25-64 (.391)26-48 (.542)
3P Made-Attempted8-21 (.381)7-12 (.583)
FT Made-Attempted7-13 (.538)21-31 (.677)
Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)23 (0/0)15 (0/0)
Largest Lead3
Blocks 5 9

Advertisement

We did not lose today because of 3 point shooting. We were 8-21 today, which isn't great, but it's 38%, which is actually pretty decent. We're not going to hit 15 every game. We lost because we didn't even try to get the ball inside.

We did not lose today because of 3 point shooting. We were 8-21 today, which isn't great, but it's 38%, which is actually pretty decent. We're not going to hit 15 every game. We lost because we didn't even try to get the ball inside.

And when we did, Reg could not get a good shot off. His lack of lift is truly astonishing.

I wonder if he needs to get back into the starting lineup to get in rhythm again. He just doesn't look like the same player offensively.

And when we did, Reg could not get a good shot off. His lack of lift is truly astonishing.

I wonder if he needs to get back into the starting lineup to get in rhythm again. He just doesn't look like the same player offensively.

Can't hurt. It's not like Gamble has been playing amazing lately.

These stats are ridiculous:

FG Made-Attempted25-64 (.391)26-48 (.542)
3P Made-Attempted8-21 (.381)7-12 (.583)
FT Made-Attempted7-13 (.538)21-31 (.677)
Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)23 (0/0)15 (0/0)
Largest Lead3
Blocks 5 9

The most telling stat to me is the 21 3s attempted versus the 13 FTs attempted...we need to get back to getting good looks inside around the basket.

Also, as an aside, we reaalllyyy need to start finishing at the rim when we do get there.

Advertisement
Opponents used to fear Durand Scott because of his ability to put the ball on the deck and get to the bucket against ANYONE. He's lost some of that. I like that he's improved his outside jumper, but where he is a dominant offensive player is going to the hole. He needs to get some of that back.

I was there. They look exhausted. Reggie looks like he needs a mobility scooter to get around. I swear, he was heaving by the time he got to the scorer's table. In the first half, when Reggie and Durand were in the game, we were basically going 3-on-5. I don't know what can be fixed between now and the ACC Tournament. I think it's just going to be potluck between now and then.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back